PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Pico

hp246
01-26-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm considering one of these new little Beretta .380s. I've seen the various reviews online. They seem to be all over the place. I've yet to find anyone with first hand experience with them though. Anyone have the opportunity to shoot one of them? What was your opinion.

9.3X62AL
01-27-2015, 12:36 AM
All I have seen is ad copy. Its text says "Soft-recoiling", and since it appears to be a recoil-operated system that may be the case. Most 380 ACPs are blow-back operated; recoil operation tends to attenuate recoil. Intruguing little pistol, it is TINY.

revolvergeek
01-27-2015, 08:37 PM
I handled one at Cabela's recently. very flat, great sights, but the action/ trigger guard area is really tall and the grip below it is a one finger grip for me. I would have to use the magazine extension floor plates and they make the gun pretty tall for the capacity. I
wanted to like it but it really just felt odd to me.

9.3X62AL
01-28-2015, 01:40 AM
I have LARGE hands that don't get along well with short handgun handles. Beretta's Nano in 9mm might be a better option for me, but I need to grab onto one and see what the possibilities are. No one where I used to live gave a flip about someone CCW, everybody went heeled. Where I'm at now (suburban San Diego) is very different, and a sidearm 'printing' could cause talk......into cell phones dialed to PSAPs who call forth the gendarmerie. San Diego PD's chief is rabidly anti-gun, and if I can avoid problems and stay under the radar while living here it would be my strong preference.

hp246
01-28-2015, 09:26 PM
Well, I put my money down today. They gave me good trade in value on an old RUger MK I that has been collecting dust for 20 years. On order, but the distributor is out of stock. Will do a review once it comes in and I've had a chance to put some rounds through it.