PDA

View Full Version : Wild Game Banquet

gkainz
01-26-2015, 12:44 PM
Our church Mens Group hosted our first annual Wild Game Banquet on Friday - We feed about 160 guys with venison spaghetti and elk chili, and had a number of shared dishes brought by our guys. We raffled off 4 guns - a Marlin XR7 .270Win, Weatherby PA-08 Upland 12 gauge, Ruger 10/22 and a Bond Arms Snake Slayer .45LC/.410. We ended up with about 20 donated door prizes, from gift cards from Cabelas, Home Depot, Texas Road House, Bennett's Barbeque and a number of local area merchants.

Our guest speaker was Todd Toven - www.rockymountainmeathunter.com who had a fun presentation.

These pics are from my cell phone so their quality is poor. We should have pics from our photographer in a few days. This was my first time organizing something like this and we learned a lot about what to and not to do. Looking forward to the 2nd annual! We didn't have an empty chair in the place, so I guess next year we need a bigger venue!

BTW, we had a "score the rack" contest on the rack pictured in Event3. Anyone here want to guess what the B&C gross score on that thing is? Might not be a clear enough photo to come close, and nothing in the photo for size reference, so might not even be possible.

Uncle Jimbo
01-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Looks like fun with a nice turn out.

CastingFool
01-26-2015, 05:57 PM
our church has held some wild game dinners before, but we didn't have as many people show up, or raffles or anything like that. One time the speaker was the man who shot the largest elk during the 1984 Michigan elk hunt. It was an impressive shoulder mount. He also brought some moose meat from his Canadian moose.