PDA

View Full Version : Old Marlin Lovers?

TXGunNut
01-26-2015, 01:51 AM
Saw a display case full of nice older Marlins at the Ft Worth Cabelas today. IIRC there were 5 94's, 4 93's and 2 97's. Had a couple dozen Winchester 92's in another case, a few were pretty nice. Next time in I'll take the time to fondle a vintage Marlin or two. One 93 was even in 38-55. Prices on the 97's were not for the faint of heart but I have no idea what old Marlins are worth, just enjoying the eye candy.

buckwheatpaul
01-26-2015, 08:09 AM
It is a good thing that I dont live closer to the Ft. Worth Cabelas.....at least that is what my wife would say....NE Texas is in a Cabelas desert......nothing close!

50target
01-27-2015, 10:20 PM
The Marlin lever guns are so sweeeet. I have an 1889 in 32-20 with a 26" heavy barrel and the sweetest trigger, a 94 in 25-20 with a tapered octagon barrel that will knock your eyes out with the bluing and the sharpest flats of any barrel made. I have one 1897 and an early 39 that are so dainty and petite. I have a Win '92 but I liken the Marlins to a petite gal and the 92 Win to an athletic built woman. They function so smoothly and the dimensions are so in balance. As someone said " you don't pay too much, you buy too soon". My Marlins can't be touched for the same money I gave for them a few short years ago. The ones in nice condition are getting scarce. Might want to reconsider.
Enjoy
Bob

TXGunNut
01-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Bob, I must admit they're growing on me but I know very little about them. I'm looking forward to handling a few next weekend, not in the mood to buy anything for awhile so won't be distracted by that.