PDA

View Full Version : Unertl Scopes??

ohiochuck
01-25-2015, 02:25 PM
Looking at 2 Unertl scopes of the same model which lens(es) determines the power (6X;10X)?
If one scope is in excellent condition and the other less so, can the lenses be switched to be used in the better condition scope?
Thanks!
Jim

country gent
01-25-2015, 02:44 PM
I believe that on the unertal external adjustment scopes the eye piece determined the power. Do a search for unertal I believe they are still in buisness and ask them. Both would have to be the same model as programmers, Juniors and the standard were diffrent eyepieces I believe. Are these external adjustment scopes?

GOPHER SLAYER
01-25-2015, 04:00 PM
If you want anything made by Unertl you will have to buy it used. They closed their doors in 2008.

W.R.Buchanan
01-25-2015, 07:38 PM
Malcolm Scopes is reproducing most of what Unertl made. He told me a story about how he tried to buy the company and inventory but the people who owned it, (not the original Unertl people) were idiots and "preferred" to just let it all go into history.

He solved the problem by just knocking off everything they did. I have to say, I would have done the same thing, as there is a market for this product and if the original outfit won't service it then,,, What the hey?

I might add that the company who is producing the Malcolm line of antique style optics, is actually "Iron Sight" of Tulsa OK and in the business of rebuilding optics. This is also the outfit that wanted a 24 month lead time to redo my Weaver K2.5! So I don't see a whole lot of innovation there either.

Amazing the things you find out at the SHOT Show.

Randy