PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Tool head stand for SDB???

Walter Laich
01-25-2015, 01:02 PM
I notice that Dillon has come out with a tool head holder for the SDB.

$24 and it takes up a bunch of room.

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to hold these tool heads.

I have a half-dozen or so and would like to have them all in one place without taking up half the bench.

thanks

bnelson06
01-25-2015, 10:57 PM
Wouldn't a board with cut outs and a couple alignment dowels work, attached to the wall you could have a few holders in a row.

I have a board mounted and route red out for my 650 toolheads

rogerstg
01-26-2015, 08:34 AM
I hang mine from the pegboard on the back of my bench.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-26-2015, 10:33 AM
Lots of ways to hold toolheads and die plates. After use, I clean/lube and put mine in snap top plastic containers to keep dust/dirt moisture off of them until I'm ready to use again. Stack them in a cabinet behind the reloading bench.

jmorris
01-26-2015, 10:52 AM
I put the tool heads, dies, locator pins, shell plate and powder funnel in ziplock bags marked for caliber and stored in a drawer.

Walter Laich
01-26-2015, 07:52 PM
all good ideas.
thanks for the input

AZ Pete
01-26-2015, 07:53 PM
Mine go in zip lock bags as well, all together Ina Tupperware bread box.

rogerstg
01-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Before using the pegboard hooks, which I already had available, I considered using cup hooks under a shelf to hang them.

imashooter2
01-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Lots of ways to hold toolheads and die plates. After use, I clean/lube and put mine in snap top plastic containers to keep dust/dirt moisture off of them until I'm ready to use again. Stack them in a cabinet behind the reloading bench.

This is what I do. "Ziplock" sells a very inexpensive snap top container just the right size. I write the caliber on the side with heavy magic marker and they stack nicely. When you put the dies away, include a slip of paper that says what boolit the tool head is set up for…

Walter Laich
01-27-2015, 02:36 PM
I use the plastic box they come in for all the loose stuff. Was wondering how to deal with tool head/powder measure. I can use a hammer holder on the peg board for the powder measures but was seeing if others had another way to deal with the heads.
I'll get some more hooks at Huge Cube and get them off the workbench

again thanks

myg30
01-28-2015, 12:00 AM
I keep mine in zip lok bag in a snap lid plastic containers. They stack on shelve and ready to go one when I need them. I fit 2-3 in each container.

Mike