PDA

View Full Version : Curse followed me again.........

Combat Diver
01-24-2015, 03:01 AM
Cursed again! I'm in Kuwait (after leaving Afghanistan last month) and went on the range to fire some recoilless rifles and Javaline anti tank guided missiles yesterday. While inspecting my firing lane for the Carl Gustav 84mm recoilless rifle, I shouted. Wasn't oil I found, was that dang blessed casters curse, a lost wheel weight [smilie=b:. They think I'm crazy as I pocketed the lost critter and muttered about taking it 2000 miles home to the pot! I already mailed home the ones I found in Afghanistan. :-P

CD

jmort
01-24-2015, 03:30 AM
I remember the post about finding one in Afghanistan. Apparently you found a few. Time to start a new collection. That is some firing range you get to use.

coffeeguy
01-24-2015, 09:22 AM
At least you got something good out of the 'Stan...and Ill bet whoever xrayed the package looked sideways at it for a second. I'd see all the junkyards, dumps & trash heaps and wonder how much I'd find if we could go scrounging for lead over there. Stay safe and come home soon, brother.

Hickok
01-24-2015, 09:32 AM
CD, God's blessing and protection on you for a safe return home!

I read your sig line and your duty to our country, you Sir, are a great American!

Combat Diver
01-24-2015, 09:55 AM
Thanks guys, here's the Carl G. Wheel weight was found there at the firing point. There were some camels 500m out below a rise. They came running out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkkxPuM_7Jg

CD

tomme boy
01-24-2015, 10:13 AM
CG, isn't that the one that is supposed to have reduced back blast to be able to fire inside a building?

Combat Diver
01-24-2015, 11:12 AM
There is one or two new rounds with that capability, course the Army hasn't bought any.

CD

Dusty1234
01-24-2015, 11:45 AM
The illum rounds are the worst to shoot out of the Carl G, head hurts just thinking about it... lol

CD,

legion?

Combat Diver
01-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Retired now but spent 16 years on and off with them. Left Astan working with 3rd Herd and came back down here to be with the 5th.

CD

6mm win lee
01-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Cursed again! I'm in Kuwait (after leaving Afghanistan last month) and went on the range to fire some recoilless rifles and Javaline anti tank guided missiles yesterday. While inspecting my firing lane for the Carl Gustav 84mm recoilless rifle, I shouted. Wasn't oil I found, was that dang blessed casters curse, a lost wheel weight [smilie=b:. They think I'm crazy as I pocketed the lost critter and muttered about taking it 2000 miles home to the pot! I already mailed home the ones I found in Afghanistan. :-P

CD

Good for you but some one is beating me to the lost weights and leaving the nails and screws for my tires here on Kandahar :) I managed to do something similiar. I managed to get the battery connnectors off of seven mil generators the Marines were shredding at the DRMO last year. All came back with me on my last vacation. How much does a standard battery connector weigh? I had the fourteen plus another eight that were attached to some batteries that were going to HazMat for turn in.

Now if I could find just one wheel weight over here I would have a great year.

Best regards

MaryB
01-24-2015, 11:04 PM
4 ounces, have one laying on my desk I picked up in a parking lot

Combat Diver
04-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Got cursed while running today. Found another wheelweight on the road during my daily 3 mi run. Yesterday was giving almost 2 lbs of soldering wire that is 60% tin 40% lead. :bigsmyl2:

CD

John Allen
04-08-2015, 12:44 PM
I always pick them up when I find them. I would question a casters sanity if they did not.

woodbutcher
04-08-2015, 01:45 PM
:bigsmyl2: Took friend to the local walmart to do some shopping the other day.Was walking around the lot for some exercise and picked up about 2lbs worth of ww in about 30 minutes.To Combat Diver.Thanks for your service.God bless you and keep you safe.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

62chevy
04-08-2015, 03:43 PM
I have never seen Wheel Weights in a parking lot before but then until recently I have never looked. Have to wonder how they fall off parked cars.

Stay safe Combat Diver !!!

borg
04-09-2015, 12:46 PM
The ones in the parking lot are the ones dropped when a caster was interrupted by the return of the customer.
:popcorn::kidding:

MaLar
04-09-2015, 01:23 PM
The ones in the parking lot are the ones dropped when a caster was interrupted by the return of the customer.
That made me laugh. I can see some guy with cargo pants full of WW in his pockets and a screw driver in his hand.

62chevy
04-09-2015, 05:56 PM

LOL that's what I was afraid of.

Echo
04-12-2015, 02:51 PM
The Thing That Wonders Me is actually finding WW's in the Sandbox! I didn't know camels needed them???

borg
04-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Only on the faster ones that are out of balance. LOL