PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding an ar15 upper

Housecat
01-23-2015, 06:15 PM
Hey all, I have received lots of help on this forum already, but I could use some more.
I am building a Vietnam/A1 style ar, but I have had no luck finding uppers with integral carry handle rear sights. I would like to find a complete upper in 5.56 that has the handle connected as a solid piece.
I would really prefer it to be solid, as the knobs of a removable sight is a bit unclean.
Is there anywhere I can order a complete upper in this configuration?

Thank you in advance.

possom813
01-23-2015, 06:20 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/999919/dpms-ar-15-a2-upper-receiver-assembly-556x45mm-nato-16-barrel-glacierguard-handguard

country gent
01-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Try Armalite or Rock river look for service rifle uppers for dcm / NRA service rifle.

Housecat
01-23-2015, 06:27 PM
I suppose I should I should mention that I am looking for an upper with a dissipator handguard. A friend of mine sold me a pair of triangle handguards that I plan to use to give it the correct look.

rockrat
01-23-2015, 07:25 PM
Model 1 sales might, but not too sure about the A1 upper. You might check over at ARFCOM (ar15.com)

scarry scarney
01-23-2015, 08:10 PM
My first issue AR, didn't have a forward assist, and it had a three prong flash hider on a pencil thin barrel, a true Viet Vet. My second issue had a tear drop forward assist on a 11.5 barrel with a 5 inch long flash hider.

Look for the little touches. And don't use an A2 style pistol grip!

I have an old stripped AR (A1) upper that I would happily trade for a stripped flat top upper. (you pay shipping to me, I'll pay shipping to you). This is a used upper, I would suggest PM me your email address, and I'll send you photos. I do have all the components to assemble the upper (except for the forward assist roll pin).

I believe I might even have an old military pencil thin take off barrel, as well.

Housecat
01-24-2015, 09:33 AM
I appreciate the help guys, but I believe I have actually found a kit that already has all I need. All I will need to do is order a geissele ssa, 3 prong flash hider, and change out the hand guards.

Scarry Scarney, thank you for your service. Because of you and others that serve and have served, this great country is still free.

scarry scarney
01-24-2015, 05:13 PM
It is, and always will be my pleasure to serve.