PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Uniflow on an RCBS Green Machine

oldsagerat
01-22-2015, 07:48 PM
If you have done this, please explain or show photos of what you did to adapt it to the Green Machine.

troyboy
01-23-2015, 10:16 AM
You could get the the case activated linkage kit and appropriate powder through expander die and your in business.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-23-2015, 12:52 PM
You could get the the case activated linkage kit and appropriate powder through expander die and your in business. This is your solution. Hornady's version, the case activated powder drop, will also work and is a bit less expensive.

seagiant
01-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Hi,
The Lee PM with a riser works well and cheaper!

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Hi,
The Lee PM with a riser works well and cheaper!

Ah, heck Seagiant, you just like the Christmasy effect. :)

seagiant
01-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Ah, heck Seagiant, you just like the Christmasy effect. :)

Hi,
Actually I would like the old LEE PM that had a grey rectangular hopper but they are not made any more and are not as good as the "Pro" model!

As 90% of the GM were made up in 38/357 cal. (I don't know why) the LEE measures work just fine!

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-25-2015, 12:40 PM
As 90% of the GM were made up in 38/357 cal. (I don't know why) the LEE measures work just fine!

This is a very good point. That particular caliber doesn't use a lot of powder, so the Lee hopper is plenty big enough. I notice you used the safety mechanism for the powder hopper. Is there a risk of double charges on the RCBS Green Machines? I use the Lee Pro Auto Disk with my RCBS progressive in some calibers and with my auto advance (no reversal) I haven't ever had need of that safety mechanism reset.

seagiant
01-25-2015, 01:09 PM
This is a very good point. That particular caliber doesn't use a lot of powder, so the Lee hopper is plenty big enough. I notice you used the safety mechanism for the powder hopper. Is there a risk of double charges on the RCBS Green Machines? I use the Lee Pro Auto Disk with my RCBS progressive in some calibers and with my auto advance (no reversal) I haven't ever had need of that safety mechanism reset.

Hi,
Actually, I did not use the safety (bead chain to lever) although the lever is there if you want to set that up!

I had no problems with the LEE PM at all!

The fit is admittedly tight and I ground the corner on the slide to get a little more room (easy) and the advantages of a case activated PM is a big plus with an inline press!!!

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Hi,
Actually, I did not use the safety (bead chain to lever) although the lever is there if you want to set that up!

I had no problems with the LEE PM at all!

The fit is admittedly tight and I ground the corner on the slide to get a little more room (easy) and the advantages of a case activated PM is a big plus with an inline press!!!
Interesting, I've always been interested in the Green Machine, but never got a chance to pick one up affordably. Case activated powder drops is the cat's meow, even better if you combine it with case expansion. I'm hoping our mold maker will coming out with powder through expanders with M-die configuration for the Lee Pro Auto Disk setup.