PDA

View Full Version : Case Forming!

ballistim
01-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Thanks to 45 2.1 for pointing out to those of us on another thread discussing the possibility of a case forming group that this exists already.

Tim

No_1
01-21-2015, 07:08 PM
This did not exist until I created it just a few minutes ago.

ballistim
01-21-2015, 07:21 PM
Thank-you!
I'm sure we all appreciate that you took the time to do this, especially with all that you have going on around here.

dragon813gt
01-21-2015, 07:44 PM
This did not exist until I created it just a few minutes ago.

That explains why I can't see it on Tapatalk yet. I thought I overlooked it for years :laugh:

ballistim
01-21-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm able to see it with Tapatalk.

No_1
01-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Thank-you!
I'm sure we all appreciate that you took the time to do this, especially with all that you have going on around here.

Recluse made the winning argument in post #24 on the other ---> thread (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?266002-Case-reforming-Forum)<---.

Reforming cases and casting boolits are literally tied at the hip.

The overwhelming majority of us here cast boolits because we strive to be self-sufficient and independent. In the early days here, a lot of group-buy molds were undertaken so as to actually design projectiles that did not previously exist. . . or that could be or needed to be improved.

Think about this: No projectile flies out of a firearm that uses smokeless powder without a brass case holding the powder and securing the projectile.

The fact that so many of us here have actually re/formed cases to specific calibers because brass for those calibers was either unavailable or outrageously expensive parallels why many began casting their own lead projectiles.

I think reforming cases and casting boolits go hand in hand.

I'd submit the idea that maybe it begin life as a subforum and see where it goes from there.

:coffee:

This is what this place is about.

ballistim
01-21-2015, 08:11 PM
Recluse made the winning argument in post #24 on the other ---> thread (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?266002-Case-reforming-Forum)<---.

This is what this place is about.

I saw that on the other thread, and I agree that Recluse gave many good reasons for why this was worth having because of how it ties in with casting and reloading. Great job on his part.

dragon813gt
01-21-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm able to see it with Tapatalk.

I'm not :(
But I also can't get the stickies to stop showing even though they aren't supposed to. I hate this app sometimes.

Edit: I can see it now

ballistim
01-21-2015, 08:44 PM
I'm not :(
But I also can't get the stickies to stop showing even though they aren't supposed to. I hate this app sometimes.

Edit: I can see it now

It has been a pain since the last update.

dragon813gt
01-21-2015, 08:45 PM
I didn't update. Also didn't realize this thread was in this forum :laugh:

DCM
01-21-2015, 10:14 PM
"The fact that so many of us here have actually re/formed cases to specific calibers because brass for those calibers was either unavailable or outrageously expensive parallels why many began casting their own lead projectiles."

Exactly

Sometimes I am too cheap to pay the piper, sometimes I want to do what the nay sayers say can't be done, other times it's bringing something old or odd back to life.

ballistim
01-21-2015, 10:19 PM
"The fact that so many of us here have actually re/formed cases to specific calibers because brass for those calibers was either unavailable or outrageously expensive parallels why many began casting their own lead projectiles."

Exactly

Yes, well stated indeed!

Mohillbilly
01-22-2015, 03:13 AM
Thank you 1 for this place to discus reforming . Next will be how to , stickies for A to B cases . Or why to do that , because it is easier to do this . This will be a very nice place to impart and obtain information .

Gar
01-22-2015, 08:52 AM
Yup, thank you No.1 and thank you Recluse for articulating the case reforming case, LOL!

bedbugbilly
01-22-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm glad this forum on re-forming got started. I've always been curious about it as I think a lot of folks are. Thanks for those responsible for it . . . I look forward to learning a lot!

pworley1
01-22-2015, 10:53 PM
Thank you for the forum.

TXGunNut
01-22-2015, 11:03 PM
Cool! I don't think I'll be doing much reforming but a bit of lurking here may help me make better decisions when faced with a opportunity to buy a rifle chambered in an obsolete cartridge.

Charley
01-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Glad to see it happen. Forming is needed in many, many cases.

EDG
01-23-2015, 05:10 PM
Thirty to 40 years ago we formed cases because that was the only way to get cases to shoot some rifles.
Then we went through a period of plenty with many old cases being reintroduced. This enabled many to shoot their old rifles without case forming. Now we are back to forming cases because many even common cases are no longer easily found.

HGS
01-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Thanks to the person who got this forum started, ***** it will be nice to share case forming problems to find an answer instead of ruining all the brass you can find.

HGS