PDA

View Full Version : swage die question

Remiel
01-21-2015, 05:22 PM
got a couple dies, old herters, that look to be swage dies, one says seja swaging die and the other says swic or sw1c f bullet what are these and what are they worth?128201128202128203128204128205

Bent Ramrod
01-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Looks like you have an outfit for demilling military ammo for reloading and reuse.

Pix 1 and 2 are primer pocket swagers. Military shells needed the crimp removed from the primer pockets before it could be reprimed. Next pic looks like a hand tool for reaming the crimp out of the primer pocket instead of swaging it out. I think the last die is a bullet puller. It should have a collet in it and a tommy bar to go through the hole in the top to tighten the collet over the bullet.

Remiel
01-21-2015, 05:48 PM
ok if this is in the wrong section then pls move it, just got a box full of stuff and wonder what it is

Remiel
01-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Looks like you have an outfit for demilling military ammo for reloading and reuse.

Pix 1 and 2 are primer pocket swagers. Military shells needed the crimp removed from the primer pockets before it could be reprimed. Next pic looks like a hand tool for reaming the crimp out of the primer pocket instead of swaging it out. I think the last die is a bullet puller. It should have a collet in it and a tommy bar to go through the hole in the top to tighten the collet over the bullet.

no collet in #2 all it came with was in the little red box

runfiverun
01-22-2015, 01:05 AM
I think you got a primer pocket swage set too.

but the silver die could be a swage die depending on if the top knob is a push [knock out] rod or not.

Remiel
01-22-2015, 11:01 AM
I think you got a primer pocket swage set too.

but the silver die could be a swage die depending on if the top knob is a push [knock out] rod or not.
top knob is a screw type w/ a pin and what type of collets would i need for the black die?

Pressman
01-23-2015, 06:58 AM
The black, bullet puller uses Forster collets. You are lucky to have two "buttons" for the primer pocket swage set. Too often they get lost. Good catch.
Ken