PDA

View Full Version : Got the Award Letter Yesterday, Social Security Disability finally Approved Me

DeputyDog25
01-21-2015, 03:40 AM
Well everyone, my wife and I can breathe a lot easier now. I got a letter from social security yesterday, only it was a large envelope and kinda heavy, so I thought it was probably some kind of information on me attending some type of hearing or such. I opened the envelope and as I pulled out all the papers the words "Award Letter" caught my eye and I shouted to my wife we finally got relief, Social Security has approved me, and they said I should receive my lump sum check in the mail on Jan 23. I immediately started praising the Lord and crying because it felt as if a million pounds had been lifted off my shoulders. I appreciate everyone on the forum for their support, prayers, and encouragement while waiting on this decision. I just wanted to share this with all of you, my family here on CB.

Scott

I wanted to add this in after I finally got myself calmed down and my feet back on the floor...lol. I want each and everyone of you to know that I could not have made it through this without each and every one of YOU. Your Love, kind words, thoughts, prayers, encouragement, financial support, support of my little business has meant the world to me. I have never met a stranger on this sight, the kindest, most generous, loving, supporting people are found right here on CB. I love all of you so much and you mean the world to me. I can never ever repay all the kindness shown to me here on this sight, but believe you me, if I have the means to do so, I am certainly going to pay it forward, and also try to return the kindness shown to me here over the last few months.
I would like to share one thing with all of you that has helped to carry me through all of the desperation and dark days I have been through. My daughter gave me a small card with the words "The Lord will not allow His own to be down trodden" and I have kept that verse and it runs in my head several times a day.

Pat and I thank each and everyone of you with all of our hearts. I really love you all from the bottom of my heart and I am here for all of you if I can ever do anything for you. To God be the Glory!

jmort
01-21-2015, 03:48 AM
Thank God
good for you.

Duckiller
01-21-2015, 04:30 AM
Congratulations!

Beagle333
01-21-2015, 06:13 AM
Finally!! Congrats! https://s.yimg.com/ok/u/assets/img/emoticons/emo49.gif

MrWolf
01-21-2015, 07:40 AM
Great news Scott. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

buckwheatpaul
01-21-2015, 07:47 AM
Scott, I am so happy for the Award Letter....May God watch over you and your wife.....Paul

bdicki
01-21-2015, 08:33 AM
Wonderful news.

Wayne Smith
01-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Good. Now your challenge is the wise use of the windfall and living on the limited income it provides. You are allowed to earn up to a certain amount per month and this should be in the award letter information. Pay attention to this - you can significantly improve your living conditions by earning a relatively small amount on top of the disability.

Sweetpea
01-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Awesome!

Artful
01-21-2015, 09:06 AM
to your good fortune :drinks:

358wcf
01-21-2015, 09:06 AM
Scott-
Outstanding news! In the short time I've known you, you've displayed honesty, integrity, humility, faith, perserverance, and self-confidence in important matters. Any one of these characteristics is notable, but combined, they note you as an honest man- one who can and does get the job done, despite adversity. You stand out as a model of holding to your values and teachings, knowing that you have done all that could be done by an honest man, despite the fussings of a government-paid minion, who lives to make sure those I's are dotted and T's are crossed. You now have even their blessing!
Follow those earning limitations carefully, lest they find reason to disqualify you- remember, you are now at their mercy. Protect your families livelihood carefully. Whatever has been awarded you can in no measure repay or measure your suffering, but it does finally indicate you have jumped through their hurdles as they demand.
Your windfall earnings must be carefully used to best repay those debts you have, and take care of the doctors who have provided you with relief and comfort. Measure each expenditure carefully. When it is gone, the well is dry-
Yes, many of us on this Forum find ourselves disabled and unable to work. There is no dis-honor in receiving payment for what you have earned so many times over. Use it wisely and measure it out-

Be good my friend- Celebrate this success with your family and supporters; those who matter most to you- Remember those that have stood with you-

Chuck 358wcf

BrassMagnet
01-21-2015, 09:26 AM
At last.

Awesome!

GoodOlBoy
01-21-2015, 09:27 AM
Congratulations! good Lord willin and the creeks don't rise I am hoping to see that same kinda letter one of these days. I know how long the road you were on was. I am there now.

God Bless!

Richard

Forty Rod Ray
01-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Good things happen to good folks....

s mac
01-21-2015, 11:46 AM
Good news Scott, take a deep breath.

geargnasher
01-21-2015, 11:50 AM
Don't forget to write some "thank you" letters to the political reps you contacted, and let them know you got relief. Glad this came through and didn't take ten years like it does for some folks.

Gear

fishhawk
01-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Didn't take me ten but it was sure a long four years.......

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-21-2015, 11:59 AM
That is good news indeed.

LUBEDUDE
01-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Outstanding!

Nueces
01-21-2015, 12:06 PM
Yeehah!

blackthorn
01-21-2015, 12:12 PM
You have persevered in the face of adversity---AND WON!! Good for you! Congratulations from Gail and I.

trapper9260
01-21-2015, 12:25 PM
Glad you got it .It took me some time to get with my workers comp also at the same time.I am also glad you do not have to wait long for your back pay for me it was over a year on that.Now it is done and glad it all work for you I know the feeling also.As for what you can make extra a month is about $1,100 a month but need to check on it.Do not take my word on it.i know it is over $1,000.

shdwlkr
01-21-2015, 01:02 PM
Glad it finally worked out for you, sometimes those in the assumed power chairs need it kicked out from under them and hit the floor.
You now can feel all the heartache, red tape and other **** you went through was worth all the price it cost you and your wife.
Take a deep breath and be careful with money and enjoy the rest of your life.

1989toddm
01-21-2015, 01:27 PM
God Bless you Brother, thanking Him for providing your needs!

lightman
01-21-2015, 08:42 PM
Thats Great news! Glad it did not take as long as some of the stories that you hear about.

Remiel
01-21-2015, 08:46 PM
Good for you, I'm glad you finally won!

xs11jack
01-21-2015, 08:53 PM
My wife and I are so happy for you, we have your name in the prayer book and you have been prayed over every day before we do anything else. We will pray that you will get some normality back in you and your familys life now. God's blessing on you.
Ole Jack

fast ronnie
01-21-2015, 09:07 PM
God gave me a promise from the Scriptures a few weeks ago. The verse reads:
Trust in the LORD and do good, and you will dwell safely in the land.
Best Wishes and prayers.
Ron

DougGuy
01-21-2015, 09:16 PM
Social Security has approved me, and they said I should receive my lump sum check in the mail on Jan 23.

GOOD! Told you they would pay back to the beginning of the claim, I just had a gut feel that you would win this one, glad it came now and not later! Enjoy!

DeputyDog25
01-21-2015, 09:20 PM
My wife and I are so happy for you, we have your name in the prayer book and you have been prayed over every day before we do anything else. We will pray that you will get some normality back in you and your familys life now. God's blessing on you.
Ole Jack
This is my exact point at the beginning of this post. These are the type of people we have here on CB and you won't find them better anywhere. God Bless you and your wife and I will add you to my prayer list as well.

shoot-n-lead
01-21-2015, 09:23 PM
Great news...sorry for the long fight to get it...but proud it finally came through.

leeggen
01-21-2015, 09:23 PM
Man rejoyce, I know the feeling when mine came thru, like an elephant had been lifted from my shoulders.
CD

leeggen
01-21-2015, 09:34 PM
rejoyce, I know what it is like. When mine went thru I felt like and elephant had just been lifted off me.
CD

country gent
01-21-2015, 09:37 PM
A long road to travel but youve reached the end of it now. Relax and catch up on everything set some back for a rainy day and enjoy the relief. Its a game of red tape and politics no matter how you look at it. I was 5 years going thru the process with an attorney to boot.

RoyEllis
01-21-2015, 09:44 PM
Outstanding news Scott! Just as I told you..keep a firm grip on your faith that He will reward his faithful and not suffer you to be downtrodden for long. I'll call around and share your testimony with all the other congregations who've been lifting you up in prayer.
Lean on Him and you'll never fall down! Continued blessings to you brother.

tomme boy
01-21-2015, 10:06 PM
Awesome! I wish I would hear something. Been over 4 years as of this coming April 20th.

MaryB
01-21-2015, 10:26 PM
Great news and when mine came in in helped immensely with the medical bills that had piled up and left me enough to buy a decent car that lasted me 6 years before that kid pulled out in front of me and I t boned him at 40mph. Now I hope the lawsuit against the insurance companies leaves me enough to buy a newer pickup, driving a 2001 right now because that is all the car insurance part let me afford!

Recluse
01-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Scott,

Check your Paypal account. :)

:coffee:

Bzcraig
01-21-2015, 11:02 PM
Awesome! Finally!

Alvarez Kelly
01-21-2015, 11:35 PM
Outstanding! I've been following your long ordeal... I'm so glad they finally did the right thing for you.

tonyjones
01-21-2015, 11:44 PM
That is great news. I am very happy for you!

All the best,

Tony

pjames32
01-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Great news Scott! Prayers have been answered. I won't add to the good advise that is included in many of the replies.
Paul James

DLCTEX
01-22-2015, 12:35 PM
Great! This has brightened my day.

bullet maker 57
01-22-2015, 06:26 PM
Scott, that is great news.

SSGOldfart
01-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Finally!! Congrats! wish I could have been of more help.

DeputyDog25
01-22-2015, 08:20 PM
Finally!! Congrats! wish I could have been of more help.

Bob, I sent you a PM.

woodbutcher
01-22-2015, 10:02 PM
:smile: Outstanding sir.The Lord has blessed you and yours.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

SSGOldfart
01-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Bob, I sent you a PM.
Your box must be full remember sent messages count too I haven't received your pm,I did get a email the other day.

lead-1
01-23-2015, 03:08 AM
Praise God, you are now able to settle the nerves a bit and take a deep breath. Congrats on your good news!

starmac
02-06-2015, 03:58 PM
I have not been online for awhile, but so glad to see this post now.

41magjh
02-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Prayers answered. I know the feeling of relief when u got the letter . I got my check first could not believe I got it a week later got the letter. That was in October . I sat in the truck for about 15 minutes couldn't believe it prayers were answered on my end also.

MaryB
02-06-2015, 11:36 PM
When you do taxes make sure you go back until the day you applied and spread the first check over the years. Gave me a zero tax burden!

DeputyDog25
02-08-2015, 01:20 AM
When you do taxes make sure you go back until the day you applied and spread the first check over the years. Gave me a zero tax burden!

Well, the Lord blessed me so tremendously Mary, that I applied in March of 14 and approved Jan of 15, so I only got 6 mos of back pay and the lawyer took $1600 which didn't leave me with a great amount but it was enough to pay back family and friends, now it is time to get started paying it forward on CB and helping out those who need help and trying to repay all the kindness and generosity by some of the finest folks in the USA!

DeputyDog25
02-08-2015, 01:22 AM
I have not been online for awhile, but so glad to see this post now.

So good to hear from you my good friend, I hope things are going well for you and your are keeping your head above water (ice) this time of year. Why don't you send me a PM or email when you get time and update me on everything. God Bless you and yours my friend, and I pray that God grants you traveling mercies and places a hedge of protection around you and your family.

Scott