PDA

View Full Version : Buckshot-martini PH#7 sight

Frank46
09-27-2005, 04:28 AM
Buckshot, ebone has a parker hale #7 target sight up for bid. Item #7185095680 Looks just like the one that is on my 12-15 and has the two angled mounting holes. Located in sporting goods section, type in rifle sights.
Frank

Buckshot
09-28-2005, 01:38 AM
I have it on my watch list. I wonder if it fits the full size rifles? My M12/15 BSA has a P-H #8A, but I've never bothered to compare the angles between the full size and miniature actions.

Thanks for the heads up. It'll be interesting to see what the reserve is, or what it goes for. I'll keep my eye on it.

................Buckshot

Frank46
09-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Buckshot, my 12-15 has the rear part of the receiver milled out to accept this sight. Couldn't tell from your pics if yours is the same. Think there were three rear sights made for the martini. Two were basically the same as the #7, the other was a tang type similar to the ones winchester had on the lever actions. Must be rare as I've only seen one of them and it was very sloppy. All the #7 and I think #8's were smooth and tight. If I remember today will dig out the two I have and check the parker hale numbers. Frank

Frank46
09-30-2005, 02:06 AM
Buckshot, as promised I checked the two parker hale sights for the 12-15 martini. The first is a PH#7 which has a spring loaded lever that allows you to remove the top half of the sight. The PH#7A has the later checkered push button. Actually I'm kinda suprised that I remembered to check. Musta had a lucid moment there as compared to a senior moment. And we all know what that is. Frank