PDA

View Full Version : Extra large Auto Disk Pro reservoir?

rtracy2001
01-20-2015, 11:13 PM
I like my Auto Disk Pro, but find that I run out of powder far too often. Have any of you ever built a larger reservoir for the pro? Ideas? Photos?

44Vaquero
01-21-2015, 02:56 AM

I broke mine once and fashioned a makeshift Powder Hopper and it worked so well I never did replace it! Just use your imagination and look around the garage/house you can find a suitable solution.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-21-2015, 09:54 AM
When I realized I wanted a Lee type measure, but significantly more powder capacity, I just bought a Dillon powder measure and used it old style with the springs it was originally designed with. I like the Lee's and use them for my lower powder volume demands.

I believe there is someone who makes a larger hopper for the Lee though. Try doing a web search.

rtracy2001
01-21-2015, 10:39 PM
A web search didn't bring anything up for me (but I may not have tried the right key words). An email to Lee was answered promptly, but to no real avail
"

"Ray:

At this time we do not have any immediate plans to offer a larger Hopper for the powder measures, however I love the suggestion and will pass it onto our Product Development Team.

Thank You,

Laine
Customer Service

Lee Precision, Inc.
4275 Highway U
Hartford, WI 53027"

I guess the next step is to start looking for the right material to extend my own.

country gent
01-21-2015, 11:19 PM
Maybe an adapter for a powder bottle to screw onto. Tip it upside down screw bottle on and go. Harrels have these available for thier measures. Might take a couple adaptors for diffrent powder bottles due to diffrent size caps.

rtracy2001
01-22-2015, 12:08 AM
Maybe an adapter for a powder bottle to screw onto. Tip it upside down screw bottle on and go. Harrels have these available for thier measures. Might take a couple adaptors for diffrent powder bottles due to diffrent size caps.

An adapter for the MEC style bottles wouldn't be bad. All the bottles that powders are sold in have the same problem, you can't see through them to check your powder level. Also if you buy in 8 lb or larger, that isn't going to fit on top of the powder measure or press.

country gent
01-22-2015, 12:37 AM
I have made them up for alot of benchrest shooters that load for each stage at the range. I am currently setting up a belding and Mull for a guy to use screw on bottles also. He wants one for the new black powder containers and Hodgdon bottles, which are the same as the harrels bolltes I believe. I do buy in 8 lb jugs for most pistol powders and smokless rifle powders. a modified powder can with a plug hole in the bottom ( like the mecs bottles) solves the 8lb can issue. Wash the label off and cut a hole for the plastic plug.

Vinne
01-22-2015, 12:53 AM
You can try a piece of PVC pipe and extend the height that way. Another way would be to invert a large mouth bottle filled with powder on top of the open hopper. That should at least double the size of the hopper and extend your loading time. Now, the next trick is to find a way to double the size of the primer tray and you will really be in hog heaven!!

39duck
01-22-2015, 01:09 AM
+1 for the Mec large powder bottle they are about $10