PDA

View Full Version : Prayers requested

labradigger1
01-20-2015, 08:50 PM
My youngest son had surgery yesterday to check his lymph nodes as a pet scan showed them to be the size of limes, normal nodes are pea sized. Surgeon says he is 99% sure he has lymphoma. We will not know for certain until up to ten days when pathology has their tests completed. He has been losing weight and had pain in his groin and abdomen for some time now.
This is not my biological son but I have had him since he was barely five years old and I am the only dad he ever has known and vise versa. This sucks and I am still processing this.. He and his mother are entoute from the hospital to home now and he does not know what is going on yet due to the pain killers such as OxyContin and dillaudid. We still have to tell him.
I used to be a very religious man until ten years ago when I lost my only brother to suicide, since then I have questioned my faith in Christ. The bible says the prayers of a righteous man prevailuth much. I am asking for prayers please. My son is 21 years young and is a wonderful young man, he lives right, does not drink, ***** around or do any drugs and lives a humble life. He has had many health issues for his short life.
I am not a drinker as a habit or casualy but tonight as I type this I am hitting the crown pretty hard and am heart broken. Thank you my other family.
Lab

Bo1
01-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Prayers sent for your son to be healed, and for you and your families peace..Put it all in Christ's hands, he can heal anything..... In Jesus' name...
Bo

buckwheatpaul
01-20-2015, 10:44 PM
May God watch over your son and heal him physically and emotionally. May God watch over and guide the doctor and surgical team that work on your son. And may God heal you, Lab, and your family at this very pivital time....Amen

jcren
01-20-2015, 11:03 PM
My sympathies and prayers, brother. I too lost the faith but thanks to a wonderful wife, found it again. Regardless of our feelings of deserving, God already sent Chist to redeem us all. Your prayers meen as much as mine or the pope himself. God be with you all and bring health and comfort to your son.

shoot-n-lead
01-20-2015, 11:18 PM
Prayers for you, your son and family.

Just speaking for myself, but in times like these, faith is the only place that I can find comfort...and I pray that you will seek and find it there, also.

Pb Burner
01-20-2015, 11:39 PM
Prayers for your son and you and family. Hang in there.

Bongo
01-21-2015, 12:05 AM
Praying for you, your son and the rest of the family brother. May God give you strength during this trying time and I pray for God's peace to cover your home. My three children are "not my own" either but if anybody tries to use that step word around any of them they've just started a nasty fight. My baby is 30 now and I've been his dad since he was five. I really don't think blood matters. We're a family and I'm sure I would be having the same pains you are if it was my son in this condition. God bless you and yours...Pastor Tom

Bzcraig
01-21-2015, 12:21 AM
My prayer is for a miracle for your son and that your relationship to the Great Physcian be rekindled.

RED333
01-21-2015, 07:50 AM
My prays for yall

Hickok
01-21-2015, 08:21 AM
Prayers in the name of Jesus Christ for the health and wellbeing of your son, and for you and your family. Ken "Hickok"

01-21-2015, 08:31 AM
My prayers and thoughts for peace and comfort for you and yours.

w5pv
01-21-2015, 10:04 AM
Prayers for your son and may God grant you the peace you need.

bensonwe
01-21-2015, 04:44 PM
Prayers send. Seek god, he's the only one that can heal all.

Andy
01-22-2015, 01:00 AM
Lab would you be willing to share your son's name, either in this thread or by pm? I always find it more personal to pray for someone if I know more about them, and knowing their name is especially meaningful in that regard. I want you to know that after typing this I will pray for your son, that he be healed of this and that the experience draws you both closer to Jesus Christ.

Efin
01-22-2015, 01:06 AM
Prayers sent for healing for your son and strength and peace for your family.

fatnhappy
01-22-2015, 08:26 AM
prayers.

Lymphoma is emminently curable now. The path is hard, God bless.

castalott
01-22-2015, 08:46 AM
Sincere Prayers for Strength, Faith, Hope, Healing, and Mercy.

trys357
01-22-2015, 08:49 AM
Prayers being said for your son.

blackthorn
01-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Prayers and best wishes from our house to yours!

Ralph and Gail

labradigger1
01-22-2015, 08:01 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!
Pathology just called and said he does NOT have cancer!
They said it was some freak virus, I say it was prayers to Jesus!
Thank you all very much. Rich

obssd1958
01-22-2015, 08:28 PM
God is good - miracles happen - the faithful are rewarded for their faith!!!!!