PDA

View Full Version : Lee 1 OZ Slug Loads

bstone5
01-19-2015, 11:44 PM
Over the weekend I loaded the Lee 1 oz slug that I made the push thru sizing die for so the slugs with a wad go thru a modified choke barrel on the 1100 Remington shotgun.

I powder coated the slugs bright yellow so maybe I can find some of the fired slugs.

The hulls are the Winchester Universal hulls I purchased from a forum member. The hull is two piece with an internal base wad made from clear plastic. The interior shape is similar to the AA hull.

I plan on using these hulls one time for the slug loads.

I used two 20 gauge flat spacers one of cork and one of hard paper, both were about 1/8 inch thick. The hard spacer is below the slug.

This combination resulted in a good fold crimp.

The powder was HS-6 with a charge of 29.5 grains. Went light on the load, hope the shotgun cycles properly.

Picture below.

savage308
01-24-2015, 10:09 AM
let us know more when you shoot them

duckey
01-24-2015, 10:42 AM
I have been messing around with those drive key slugs as well. I use the Remington gun club hulls as it is a one piece hull design. Look up fortunecookie45lc on you tube, he has a great video on selecting hulls for reloading these slugs. I have used Bullseye, Unique, and Clays under a Winchester AA wad. And use a 1/4" bpi fiber wad under slug. I do trim the pedals down to the curve of the slug. Been getting mixed results at 50 yards and better results at 25 yards.

Blood Trail
02-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Updates?

bstone5
02-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Have not got to the range.

Working a lot and traveling, designing a deep water tension leg platform drilling unit.

Maybe a few more weeks before I have time to shot.

The 13 hour time difference between Houston and China makes for a long day.