PDA

View Full Version : Winchester model 94 manufactured 1952

41special
01-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Fair market value?

Decent shooter grade 94 in 32 winchester special. Few snap too look at.

Scharfschuetze
01-19-2015, 07:09 PM
She's been ridden hard, but she doesn't look to be abused at all. Screw slots are not buggered and the wood, while weathered certainly isn't dinged up.

I have a Model 94 made a couple of years after this one, but mine is in 30/30. My 32 Special is a Model 64 and I enjoy loading and shooting the calibre.

Fair market value? I don't think that I'd pay more than $600 for it and would really expect to pay $500 if the bore is good. That's for the Puget Sound area and seems to be about what one in this condition goes for around here.

I see that you are in Westside, Washington so if you get over to the South Sound area, shoot me a PM and we can do some shooting.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

M-Tecs
01-19-2015, 07:37 PM
I bought one about like that a while back for $375 but it was missing the rear sight. Though I got a super deal until I found out nice 22G sights go for $125.00. One like yours normally sells for the $450 to $550 in my area. I see them at shows for $600 but they rarely sell for that.

41special
01-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Thanks, for the estimates I was thinking $400 so I might be a little low.

This rifle honestly shoots really well, took it out to my range a few years ago & while looking at the sight picture @ 100 yards I'm thinking "there is just no way"

I'm used to scopes & big ones at that. Sandbagged it up and held as best I could then squeezed off 3 rounds. Didn't have the spotting scope so I walked up to the target & lookie thar perfect triangle of 3 holes clustered into -2" dead on the bull.

Could have knocked me over with a feather.

OverMax
01-20-2015, 01:43 PM
When you see a well used Winchester lever. Now you know why it was so well used. "because it shot good."
Have a question.
Beginning what year were 94 receivers drilled & taped for Peep Sight mounting?

As I see 41special's rifle isn't equipped for that purpose.

As for fair market value? What ever amount you think its worth is its fair market price. Trick is in getting that amount.

yooper
01-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Was looking at one at a gun show Sunday. Same era but with more blue on receiver plus untouched screws. Could've had it for $425 OTD but I've got several of them already so passed. They are great guns, as the number sold will attest to, and yours is a nice clean one. I think the out-of-sight prices on Win's has passed, except for special order guns with lots of condition.
yooper

GabbyM
01-20-2015, 07:30 PM
That rifle has just enough rub wear on it to give it some character. Good thing they are rare around here or I'd have less money.