PDA

View Full Version : Where are you on the "Honey-Do-List"????

WILCO
01-18-2015, 11:57 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/tba_top10_honey_do_list_letterhead_stationery-p1992259603688614792mgiy_400.jpg

Omega
01-18-2015, 12:18 PM
No list here, I fix things as I discover them broken. I have told my wife to only buy assembled, one a couple occasions she put something together she realized why. I still assemble but am told in advance.

btroj
01-18-2015, 12:20 PM
List? I don't get a list.

I am a bit concerned that WILCO has so many polls involving his other half. She had a long day, what to do. Where are you on her list?

WILCO, are you a closet female?

Hardcast416taylor
01-18-2015, 12:50 PM
Her biggest entry on the "Honey - do - list" for me after the December I`ve had is, "Honey - don`t - you - die - on - me - now!"Robert

osteodoc08
01-18-2015, 12:54 PM
I've always got something to do. Today I've already put together my daughters electric sit down scooter thing, my sons sit and ride thing, cooked breakfast, cleaned up. Next I've got to clean and wash my wife's Yukon and then to Lowes to get a few odds and ends to fix things around the house and if I'm lucky, I'll be able to pop off a few rounds of the new Glock 31 she bought me a while back.

Right now I'm laying down with my 16 month old trying to get him to sleep. That and playing on CB site

Dhammer
01-18-2015, 12:55 PM
No time for that been too sick and now it's 60 n sunny. Time for the range.

doc1876
01-18-2015, 05:41 PM
I paid off the $42K credit card debt after the divorce, that she ran up, and now I have NO LIST.YEAAA!!!!

square butte
01-18-2015, 09:01 PM
List? We don't need no stinking lists.

Skunk1
01-18-2015, 09:49 PM
Just built a 4x8 bookcase to finish a wall bookcase. So close to finishing this room. Still need to take out the stair stringers to recut. Finally went out target shooting with my brother in law today.

Mod42
01-18-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm working on it....just wish that she would stop reminding me every couple of months that I need to work on the list!!

crazy mark
01-19-2015, 12:48 AM
My wife had 2 heaters act up on her. A baseboard one caught fire. 45 year old wire nut connection went bad. 20 min fix as the wire from the wall was OK. Just the one to the T-stat was fried. The other was the wall heater in bathroom made funny noises. Changed all the wires on it and the ones from the wall were fine and wire nuts were OK but they got changed. Of course it worked fine for me. I'm usually the one who finds stuff that doesn't work right.

TXGunNut
01-19-2015, 01:01 AM
My me-do list got a little longer today, aerobic system needs to be pumped and the pump needs to be replaced. My wallet's going to be hurting but I'd be happy to spend more $$$ on a rifle I don't need so I might as well just get it done. Pump is no problem to replace, just don't happen to have a truck to pump out the tank. A little outside of the DIY realm, it seems.
Last GF reached out to my sister this week, hope to goodness I'm not on her "Honey-Do" list. She was fun while she lasted but not looking forward to revisiting that situation, pretty sure I just barely escaped a train wreck and I'm not one to tempt fate and try again.

doc1876
01-19-2015, 02:00 AM
texgunnut, been there, don't envy you

Crazymark, there are ceramic wire nuts for high heat use. They are hard to find, and expensive, but really worth it.

TXGunNut
01-19-2015, 02:15 AM
texgunnut, been there, don't envy you-doc1876

Been repairing my system for last few years, guy who had the contract didn't do the required checks but wasn't bashful about billing me for an annual fee. Aerobic systems are only good for lining the pockets of the OSSF contractors, good thing I know where to buy the parts and understand how they work.

trys357
01-19-2015, 07:46 AM
No lists .. somehow they get lost.

bob208
01-19-2015, 07:56 AM
there id do much and I am so far behind. I can never die.

jeepyj
01-19-2015, 09:45 AM
I stay busy & try to do some of "her" list but the key is not to do the list too quick as she'll add to it. I try to take the " list" in moderation. Don't get me wrong I like to be busy, it's just more fun mixing up the mine and her list like 70/30 type thing.
jeepyj

WILCO
01-19-2015, 10:41 AM
WILCO, are you a closet female?

HHAHHAHAHAHAHA! I was once in a closet with a female. [smilie=w:

ballistim
01-19-2015, 01:53 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/19/4382972b35c83f15eb0d5783ef7ffc3e.jpg

paul h
01-19-2015, 03:16 PM
There should of been option for I'm in deep do-do ;)

Actually for once I'm pretty much on top of the list as we'll be moving in a few weeks so I need to finally get all those misc odds and ends finished up. I'm pretty much down to touching up paint here and there and finishing installing trim in a few spots after we had the carpet replaced a couple years ago.

In theory with a new house I shouldn't have a honey-do list, but between finishing the unfinished basement and building a new workbench/shop in the garage I'll be busy for a few months. Of course there will be a difference in opinion as to the importance of finishing the work bench vs. the basement :D

R.M.
01-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Ha, one step forward and two steps back. It just never ends.

kootne
01-19-2015, 07:55 PM
If you take a tape measure and measure from your refrigerator door handle down at about 45 degrees to the floor and cut a 2 x 4 that long you can then prop it under the door handle and that list will no longer be able to tip the refrigerator over.

Harter66
01-19-2015, 08:35 PM
Sadly Miss has her daily/weekly does list I look around at all of the should have done it last season jobs that still need doing . This year Fridays will be more productive . Maybe I should have a getter did list.

DCM
01-19-2015, 09:51 PM
That happened to the dry erase board here once. There used to be a list on it but one day after returning home from a bad day at work and seeing the list grew Again it went blank NEVER to return.
Yeah there is a list but I have come to the honest realization it will never be completely done, so I work on it when I Must.

crazy mark
01-20-2015, 12:36 AM
texgunnut, been there, don't envy you

Crazymark, there are ceramic wire nuts for high heat use. They are hard to find, and expensive, but really worth it.

They are what I used on the heaters. The wire came with a bag of 12 of them. I have to buy some more. Graingers or Johnstone Supply has them.

Wayne Smith
01-20-2015, 08:50 AM
There should of been option for I'm in deep do-do ;)

Actually for once I'm pretty much on top of the list as we'll be moving in a few weeks so I need to finally get all those misc odds and ends finished up. I'm pretty much down to touching up paint here and there and finishing installing trim in a few spots after we had the carpet replaced a couple years ago.

In theory with a new house I shouldn't have a honey-do list, but between finishing the unfinished basement and building a new workbench/shop in the garage I'll be busy for a few months. Of course there will be a difference in opinion as to the importance of finishing the work bench vs. the basement :D

How can you possibly finish the basement without a workbench!??

paul h
01-20-2015, 02:32 PM
The work bench is going in the garage, L shaped 22'X10' should be enough room for reloading equipment and other hobbies.

The basement is really more of a third story as it's a walk out basement, art studio for the wife, entertainment room, play room and a 4th bath.

leeggen
01-21-2015, 02:09 AM
Hey I am always at the top of my ladies list, OH which list is it we are talking about? Doesn't matter my name will be at the top of it.
Cd, CD,
Do this You didn'do
this You forgot that one
then do this you never finish that job.

See guys I am at the top of her list always, She must really love me for me to have stayed at the top for 15 yrs.
and fix that
And by the way I always have the last word spoken " yes mamam I'll take care of that right now!
CD

Lead Fred
01-21-2015, 02:24 AM
Only one thing on my to do list: Honey

mnkyracer
01-21-2015, 02:37 AM
My honey-do list is slowing getting under control. In spring of 2012, we demo'd the whole 2nd floor of the house (cape cod style) and added a full 2nd story. That was the quick part. 5 guys starting late Friday morning and had it in tyvek and shingled by Sunday at lunch.

Then the baby came and money/time got reprioritized. Finally making headway and should be ready to move the bedrooms upstairs by Spring.

.....Plus all the other things that go wrong with a house built in 1942 using lumber and materials from another house/barn that was salvaged. (that was an interesting find during demo)

RogerDat
01-21-2015, 08:19 AM
I think careful management of the honey-do list is the reason for our successful 17 years of marriage. My dedication to making sure that no major project ends without another being started first means that getting rid of me and hiring the work completion is simply too much hassle. Dear wife does her part by coming up with new ideas. I have re-done gardens or landscaping so many times I'm on a first name basis with many of those shovels full of dirt. :-P

Also helps that I stack heavy lead in the wrong spot, requiring it to be moved yet again. All part of my plan to make myself indispensable to dear wife.

mold maker
01-21-2015, 09:01 AM
I've been married to the same gal for over 50 years. The list is long and I'm getting slow.
I don't ever expect to complete it, or it to even get short. As long as there is a list, I'm still needed, and we are still depending on each other.

Garyshome
01-21-2015, 09:15 AM
Somewhere in the middle just about where I started

trapper9260
01-21-2015, 12:39 PM
I do not have any one to give me a list.I see what i think need to do get done at the time and go from there

Charlie, AKA The Deacon
01-21-2015, 03:36 PM
Cannot remember where I put it, if I ever had one. maybe the dog ate it not sure.

bear67
01-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Now you got me wondering why my bride of 47 years has always called it a hen house list--heck we don't even keep layin' hens anymore.

WILCO
01-31-2015, 04:23 PM
Back to the top!

Clay M
01-31-2015, 08:13 PM
I don't do a Honey Do list.. I always do the very best I can for my family.. They know that...
I sacrifice whatever necessary for their well being..
My wife and daughter are very sick..I love them both more than I love my own life..so I do the very best I can..

JB Weld
01-31-2015, 10:41 PM
Years ago (before we had kids), I gave a buddy of mine a coffee cup. He had 4 kids at the time, and is now up to 6! That coffee cup had printed on it, "If it ain't broke, it ain't mine!".

I need that cup back....[smilie=b:

another gsxr 1k
02-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Got smart and dismissed the creator of the blasted list a few years ago. Much happier now and just do what I think needs doing at the moment.

WILCO
03-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Bump!

Doggonekid
03-06-2015, 01:54 AM
The wife wants me to clean up all the WW on the floor of the garage so she can park her car in the garage. I have been working on that for about a week now. Lead is slowly disappearing and my ingot pile is growing. The secret to the Honey do list is create jobs that you both want done.

scarry scarney
03-06-2015, 01:01 PM
You don't have the right option for me. Mine should be: "I'm not allowed to die, I'm too far behind."

WILCO
08-28-2015, 05:06 PM
http://imghumour.com/assets/Uploads/Lets-Bump.jpg

CGT80
08-29-2015, 03:42 AM
I'm still looking for the honey, so no lists for me!