PDA

View Full Version : QD Scope rings for Ruger No1s

Four Fingers of Death
01-18-2015, 01:39 AM
I have a Leupold VX6 1-6 × 24. I had intended to use this on my 7600 Remington for which I have two barrels in 308W and 358Win. The scope has the option of spare turrets for different guns, loads etc. Apparently it was designed with the three gun match in mind.

I am now considering using this scope on my No1s (303, 338WM &375H&H).
Are there any QD set ups available?

alrighty
01-18-2015, 04:10 AM
Search Warne QD scope rings.I have not tried them on a number one but they have proven themselves well on my Ruger 77's and on my weaver style bases.

Tatume
01-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Ruger rings return to zero very well. I sometimes hunt with iron sights and carry a scope separately. If needed I just put it on finger tight, which is good enough for one shot.

I've tested this at the range many times, shooting groups while removing and replacing the scope after every shot.

It is important to replace the scope carefully. Snug both rings, then ever so slightly loosen both rings, then wiggle the scope to settle into the grooves and press the back side half-clamp in with the tip of an index finger while tightening the nut again. This assures that the clamps are completely seated in the grooves.