PDA

View Full Version : SWMBO is tired and worn out from a long day. What do you do to ease her plight?

WILCO
01-17-2015, 07:46 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: [smilie=s::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Love Life
01-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Leave dishes in the sink for her to wash.

Springfield
01-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Pizza and a nice neck massage seems to help mine. She usually cooks and I do all the dishes. She hates dirty dishes in the sink.

ballistim
01-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Give her a little breathing room by going upstairs to my reloading room or out to the pole barn to cast, gotta be sensitive to a woman's needs, you know.

btroj
01-17-2015, 07:50 PM
She would tell you I wouldn't do anything because I wouldn't notice. I would find it difficult to argue with her logic.

30Carbine
01-17-2015, 08:14 PM
If I did anything mine would ask what did you buy now to add to my auction.

ShooterAZ
01-17-2015, 08:20 PM
WILCO, My SWMBO has the Flu right now. I'm doing all I can to help make her comfortable and help her with what she needs. Remind me to never invite you over for dinner...OK?

TXGunNut
01-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Don't have one so I guess I'll slide a DVD into the player and pour myself a glass of wine before I decide what to cook for supper.

country gent
01-17-2015, 08:33 PM
I would fix a nice meal and then a warm bath for her. I miss doing that now.

TheDoctor
01-17-2015, 09:52 PM
If I really go out of my way to do something nice, she:

A. Doesn't notice
Or
B: Expects it to be a daily occurance henceforth
Or
C: Complains that something is wrong with it, redoes it herself, and grips that I messed it up!

As a disclaimer, I do not acknowledge SWMBO status.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-17-2015, 10:02 PM
no SWMBO in my house.
But if there were, I'd just do what I always do ...nothin' !

If yur gonna be blamed for takin' SWMBO, FOR GRANTED (and ya know it's gonna happen no matter what), Ya may as well do it.

Lonegun1894
01-18-2015, 04:03 AM
Girlfriend here, and not a wife, but I just try to stay out of the way. Let me rephrase that, that dog, who is smarter than me, taught me to stay out of the way like he does.

cga
01-18-2015, 04:33 AM
I say crack her on the butt and tell her " there's more work to be done , quit slack'n ".

After the dust settles, you'll know who the boss really is.

prsman23
01-18-2015, 10:45 AM
I treat her like I want to keep her around for the rest of my life. Because I do. It should be a daily occurrence not something you do when she's having a bad day. If you want them in your life treat them that way.
With these responses no wonder over half of all marriages end up in divorce.

Col4570
01-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Allow her to clean your Guns after she has cooked a fine meal.If you want to be realy in her good books offer to put the Dishes away.By this time she will be purring like a Kitten,then blind fold her and lead her into the kitchen where you have bought her a nice galvanised Bucket and a Mop.If you feel abashed by your magnanimity it is time for you to escape to the local Barr to shake off your sense of kindness.;)

armexman
01-18-2015, 01:13 PM
If you posted funny remarks or don't know what to answer: put some guns with your real best friend, she will wipe you out!!!!
If you want to keep her: make her take a long bath, in the bathroom you had just cleaned (spotlessly).
While she takes that long bath; wash the dishes, clean the kitchen, separate and put laundry in the washer or hang if taking out of the dryer, clean bedroom and insure bed is nicely made and turned down.
When she is finished with her bath, get the towel, dry her off and put on her robe. Have a glass of water and (Ibuprofen, aspirin, Advil or a Lodine pill) ready. Lead her to the bed and ask her to lay down naked and face down on the bed. Give her a gentle but intense body rub from head to toe, MUST be with warmed oil or lotion. When she TELLS you that that felt good, put on her night gown or pajamas, tuck her in and lay down next to her (with no bad intentions). Let her fall to sleep and rest till the next day.
Do this 3 times a month or bi-weekly. Don't expect NOTHING (physical/emotional love, new gun, lessening of "Honey-do's")in return but her smile.
Do this on a consistent basis and she will love you forever!!
Nothing else follows, but someone next to you, whatever happens for life!

Hard to do but very effective.

Lonegun1894
01-18-2015, 02:28 PM
I treat her like I want to keep her around for the rest of my life. Because I do. It should be a daily occurrence not something you do when she's having a bad day. If you want them in your life treat them that way.
With these responses no wonder over half of all marriages end up in divorce.

Mine, along with several others I think, wasn't very serious, but this quote above was written by a very wise man!

Love Life
01-18-2015, 03:16 PM
I also leave my boots in the middle of the floor just as a reminder of how much I love her.

Houndog
01-18-2015, 06:01 PM
If I really go out of my way to do something nice, she:

A. Doesn't notice

B: Expects it to be a daily occurance henceforth

C: Complains that something is wrong with it, redoes it herself, and grips that I messed it up!

Pretty much describes things aroun my house.

daniel lawecki
01-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Take her out to eat.

lmcollins
01-18-2015, 08:09 PM
Old single guy of 67: Please define SWMBO. Question: do they work for guns, tools, knife making, etc? Do they encourage same?

I just came up out of the basement workshop after playing with my new power tool. I had to move some of my casting stuff around to get to the bench grinder with the cutoff wheel mounted on it. I am still worried about how I will get the Bridgeport type milling machine into the basement.

I had a EUREKA moment today! I figured out how to make cheap Harbor Freight oscillating tool blades work on a DeWalt quick release oscillating tool. 29/64ths drill is your snap gauge, and fit them loose! 5 minutes, and NO adapter needed!

I always wanted a ac/dc TIG welder to do gun work (for small work with a foot peddle control.) Are they something like that? Guns are not made out of 3/8 plate. I do not work on fire engines.

This term is not in the glossary of terms for this site.

Springfield
01-18-2015, 08:22 PM
She Who Must Be Obeyed

popper
01-18-2015, 10:18 PM
Same thing she did for me.

bubba.50
01-18-2015, 10:22 PM
let her rest up a bit before startin' supper.

DR Owl Creek
01-20-2015, 11:37 AM
Run a nice, WARM, bubble bath, using scented bath oils... Surround the tub with a lot of large pillar candles... Turn the lights down low... Pour a couple of glasses of white wine... Put on some really soft music, like Yanni or Celtic flute music... Invite her to come in, while your long, flowing hair drapes back over your shoulders, showing off your 6-pack abs, while you're only wearing your seductive smile... :wink:

Dave

JB Weld
02-12-2015, 04:17 PM
My wife is a stay at home mom and works far harder than I do. When it has been a long day for mom, I normally get the kids involved with something outside the house or in our dedicated "Playroom". She loves to cook, so when she can do it uninterupted it is actually something she considers as enjoyable. Then we have a great supper together.

Hardcast416taylor
02-12-2015, 09:38 PM
.....and you guys wonder, "Why has he and his Frau been married going on 50 years"? The answer is simple really, treat her as I would want to be treated and vice versa.Robert

smokeywolf
02-12-2015, 10:05 PM
Mrs. smokeywolf is extremely reasonable and logical and has literally never said no to me. We read each other better than any two people I've ever seen. We agree on politics, religion, parenting, music, movies, television, food and most importantly she agrees that if I want a new gun I should have it and if I say I need more reloading equipment, tooling or supplies, then I must need it.

Do I need to say, anything she wants or needs, if I can do it or afford it, she gets it?

smokeywolf

starmac
02-13-2015, 01:28 AM
I know the answer to this one. Offer to bring in a younger live in maid, that refreshes the tiredest of them everytime.

Harter66
02-13-2015, 10:55 AM
I opted to give her the max pop :)

If she's that beat which has been a lot of late I send to the shower and get dinner done help with the clean up. Our schedules don't really jive that way though she works 0530 1330 and I work 630-5 so dinner is on deck when I hit the door 90% of the time . I stay her on my 3 day weekends with something amazing out of the grill ,smoker or crock pot and let her buy me a new toy now and then. We work it out pretty good she sleeps about 4-6 hr and I get whiny w/o my 8 after a couple of weeks.

SeabeeMan
02-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Get the kids out of her hair for as long as I can. If the kids are with grandparents, then it either take her out on a date or get her out with her friends. She doesn't enjoy quiet time at home, working on projects, nearly as much as I do.

Echo
02-13-2015, 11:24 AM
When I had a SWMBO, and the situation arose, I would pull her down onto my lap and hold her close for a short time. Then get up and help with whatever had to be done... No jokes here...

GREENCOUNTYPETE
02-13-2015, 11:40 AM
send her to bed and toss in a pizza for the kids , then send them off to bed

Col4570
02-13-2015, 03:47 PM
I do,nt know,I have mended her Boots and given her Bus fare and she still sticks to me.( this joke could rebound on me if she ever read this).

.30-06 fan
02-13-2015, 09:13 PM
Make SWMBO a nice meal with some wine.

robg
02-14-2015, 05:45 AM
a cup of tea or red wine ,and let her talk

Col4570
02-14-2015, 10:02 AM
Reinvent your image to that of George, C, Looney.

WILCO
03-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Bump!