PDA

View Full Version : a little help please.

hpdrifter
02-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Does anyone own a Savage 10,11,12,14,16, FC or GC? That is a short action with a clip; detachable magazine.

If so, did you buy it new or did it come with an owners manual and do you still have it?

If so, could you be so kind as to tell me a number for the floor plate, clip latching mechanism and the forward action screw. I am in the need for a set of these and can't find these items anywhere.

I do not need to be told to look at Numrich or Egun parts; theirs are all the old style and they do not list the new style.

I have tried the Savage website and they DO NOT show a parts list for any of these. At least, I have not been able to find them. If you know how, I'd appreciate a link.

I tried the Gander Mountain gunsmith and all he could find is the old side push button style. He told me the new ones have to be returned to the factory to be pressed in. BS. I got a clerk/salesman to unlock one of the Savages with a clip/detachable magazine, and promptly asked him if that had to be pressed in; uh, no. I think it pe-od him and said he could not get that either. Asked him what if a custom had one that got broke. Return to factory.

I'd very much appreciate the help. If you would be so kind to look see, I'd be very thankful.