PDA

View Full Version : CZ 82 slide stuck HELP!

454gene
01-15-2015, 09:08 PM
A friend gave me his sons CZ 82 with a stuck slide and a empty in the chamber, slide will move back about a 1/16 and appears to hit the safety lever on the right side near the safety. I can't see anything preventing the slide from moving.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
TIA Gene

SOFMatchstaff
01-15-2015, 09:38 PM
First, make sure the case is empty, pencil down the barrel and measure the depth inside to outside, when you're sure, you might try to lever the slide out of battery with a small screw driver. If that doesnt pull the case free, then release the tension on the extractor by pushing down on the rear of the extractor while moving the slide to the rear, thus releasing the slide from the case rim. If that works then tap the case out with a squib rod.

If I'm sure its just a empty case stuck in the chamber, I usually just put a brass squib rod down the barrel and bump it smartly against something sturdy. Again, make SURE its an empty case.

W.R.Buchanan
01-16-2015, 08:45 PM
I believe if the case is stuck that tight I go directly to the punch rather than putting that much load on the Extractor.

Also I'd really want to find out why it has a stuck case in it, like maybe someone tried to fire a 9mm luger round in it?

The CZ82 is a Blow Back action and there is nothing holding the slide closed but the spring. If it was too hot a round then it should have blown it out as it fired.

Randy

Tar Heel
01-16-2015, 09:31 PM
Updates? Man I am curious.

454gene
01-17-2015, 08:54 AM
After further study of the diagram in the NRA firearms guide I saw that the safety latch wasn't retracting with the safety lever. I moved the latch with a small screwdriver and the slide functions. Latch feels gummy, gritty so hopefully a little cleaning and oil will restore proper operation.
Thanks for everyone's assistance, glad to have a source of individuals that enjoy firearms as much as I do. I hope to be able to contribute in the future.