PDA

View Full Version : resize with lanoline and heet hurt primers ?

mikes farm
01-14-2015, 07:13 PM
I have a couple hundred neck sized brass that was primed, but now I want to spritz with lanolin and heet and tumble in a baggie and full length resize for a different gun. I have made, but not used this lube before. Youtube makes it look like there is so little used/spritz'd that it would not make it far inside a case, to get to the primers..
What is your opinion ?
Thanks
Mike

JWFilips
01-14-2015, 07:45 PM
Mike I don't know much about your lube but I use straight lanolin. A smear rubbed between your palms And you could roll 50 quickly between them at least before the next palm application ...not going to affect primer that way!

gtgeorge
01-14-2015, 07:56 PM
^^^^exactly what I do. ^^^^^ No need to mix up a spray.

websterz
01-14-2015, 08:04 PM
And it will leave your hands nice and soft. LOL

JWFilips
01-14-2015, 09:40 PM
And it will leave your hands nice and soft. LOL
But Smell like Sheep!:-P

altheating
01-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Just a couple of spritzes and let the alcohol evaporate for two minutes and then size. You don't have to shake them in a bag. It is a very minute amount of lanolin vs alcohol and the alcohol evaporates.

runfiverun
01-15-2015, 02:02 AM
the bag smears the lube around and assures an even coat.
your not gonna hurt the primers lubing the cases.

guncheese
01-15-2015, 12:45 PM
here is how i did it

right hand
http://goo.gl/HDejXa

left hand
http://goo.gl/l6vI1A

mdi
01-15-2015, 12:59 PM
Just don't spritz them. To keep any lube from entering the case and possibly contaminating the primer or the new powder charge, just rub some lube on the exterior of the case...

rsrocket1
01-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Lanolin/IPA is the Dillon case lube. It works well and it's easy to apply in bulk with the ziplock bag, but it leaves the cases slightly tacky. Do you intend to F/L resize with an expanding ball/depriming pin and simply resuse the primers will you be using an expanding ball without a depriming pin in it?

If you retumble the cases after resizing (and maybe trimming if the cases stretch), the Lanolin spray is fine to use. Otherwise, try some out on a few cases and see if you get that annoying tacky feeling afterwards also.

R3104D3R
01-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Old film canister with a hole in the bottom and lid for case, block of foam inside with hole to pass through cases. Lube the foam, pass hundreds of cases before refilling.

CPL Lou
01-15-2015, 10:09 PM
Old film canister with a hole in the bottom and lid for case, block of foam inside with hole to pass through cases. Lube the foam, pass hundreds of cases before refilling.

Excellent idea !

CPL Lou

wistlepig1
01-15-2015, 11:21 PM
I have been using it for 7,8 years and never had a problem with a primers. It is a little tacky but I retumble then for a few minutes ---- all's good.