PDA

View Full Version : Parts for Hornady Projector??

jvm
01-14-2015, 04:22 PM
I need a case retaining spring part # 392409 I know they are discontinued

does any one know if the Lock & Load spring will work or can be modified??

Thanks

kevmc
01-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Have you talked to Hornady about using the LNL spring?

ozarkhillbilly49
01-14-2015, 04:48 PM
yep lock and load will work. your shell plates can also be modified to work with lock and load.plus i think lock and load plates will will work on the projector. please check the hornady website to verify that lock and load shell plates will work with the projector. i know your early model plates won't work on the ap without a little machine work. i got some extra springs if you can't find any. pm me with your address and I'll send you one.

kevmc
01-14-2015, 04:50 PM
Midway USA has them in stock....#721452

cheese1566
01-15-2015, 12:14 AM
Yep. The newer and thinner versions of the spring will work on the ProJector.

jvm
01-15-2015, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys off to get the Lock & Load springs

The gal at Hornady failed to mention that they would work, she did mention that they would swap with money for the Lock and Load press. On the surface it appears Hornady wanted to sell another press rather than help their customer.

If this press doesn't work out the next progressive will be colored blue.

My press didn't come with the cylinder that holds the primer tube, so I made one from brass stock and drilled it for RCBS primer tubes, I had to put a collar on it so it would't dump the primers out when inserted.

Anyone have a large primer arm they want to sell?? Thanks again

mikesgraphics
01-15-2015, 03:31 PM
i sent my old projector in with a check for $200 to hornady and they sent me a brand new ap press. My old shell plates had to be machined and hornady sent them out for me. well worth the effort to have a brand new ap press

Preacher Jim
02-15-2015, 09:12 PM
I converted mine to the lock and load powder system. It really made the system much safer and speeder up set up time. Also use the drop expanders.
I have one lock and load for 45auto and use the older projector for 38 was cutters. Keep them blown out of trash and they work well.