PDA

View Full Version : Curious about ballard rifles company

country gent
01-14-2015, 02:06 PM
I have been itching to buy another BPCR rifle, something diffrent and or not the ussual. I have been looking at the Ballards from Ballard rifle company in onestead Michigan. The are with in an hours drive of me and I could literally deal face to face with them. I sent an e-mail awhile back and didnt get a response. Today I called the toll free number to get recording not curenttly in service so I sent another e-mail. Does anybody have any information on them? I am interested in the #7 long range model. Are they still in buisness or closed down?

Chill Wills
01-14-2015, 02:19 PM
Good Luck, New owner ....now a lot of years ago, took the company away from Cody Wy, but not the staff.

Nothing good happened after that, that I know of. I know one friend that I shoot with that lost out on his on has paid for rifle. .... Sad!
I too wish someone would get control of the Ballard rights and produce rifles like they did when Steve Garbe ran the place! Ah.... the good old days!

If your close, Please drive over there and let us know what you find! I think you likely will not find anything????????

EDG
01-14-2015, 02:48 PM
Ballard rights - There might be a Ballard trade mark but there is no Ballard patent rights. A patent is only good for 17 years. Any Ballard patents are long expired. All you need to manufacture a Ballard is to create a solid model after measuring several originals. Once the solid model is analyzed for errors the data can be used to create piece part drawings for machining the parts.

Don McDowell
01-14-2015, 03:15 PM
CG Buffalo Arms has what is almost a smoking deal on a Ballard in their consignment firearms... There are used Cody Ballards out there, some priced decent , others maybe just a scosh high..

Lead pot
01-14-2015, 04:17 PM
I have been itching to buy another BPCR rifle, something diffrent and or not the ussual. I have been looking at the Ballards from Ballard rifle company in onestead Michigan. The are with in an hours drive of me and I could literally deal face to face with them. I sent an e-mail awhile back and didnt get a response. Today I called the toll free number to get recording not curenttly in service so I sent another e-mail. Does anybody have any information on them? I am interested in the #7 long range model. Are they still in buisness or closed down?

CG

:smile: From what you posted, it might be a good indication that they are not :-P

Gunlaker
01-15-2015, 12:12 AM
Ballard Arms back east is definitely closed. Steven Durren from back east is building a highwall for me and he did a lot of gunsmithing work for Ballard Arms at one time. He told me they were closed.

There is a Cody Ballard for sale at Buffalo Arm right now. Too much drop in the stock for me, and it's got a crescent buttplate. It's in .44-100. One of the fellows on the ASSRA site had seen the rifle in person and said it was very nice.

Chris.