PDA

View Full Version : Lee service

Shooter6br
01-14-2015, 01:28 PM
Broke decapper for 7.62x39mm die, E -mailed Lee. Sent out new decapper that day.....127424 no charge

OptimusPanda
01-14-2015, 01:32 PM
I have had good luck with them as well. The cam on the sprue plate broke on a 6 cavity mold and they had a new one to me very quick.

fragman
01-18-2015, 09:42 PM
I've had to call them. Same good experince. Really nice people to deal with.
Had just the same great experience with Hornady too. In fact, had great experiences with every firearm related company I have had to call.

vonzep
01-18-2015, 10:21 PM
I know it's hearsay but I have had better experience with Lee than with Dillon.

The square deal handle broke. The guy said to send it back after he put me on hold for 5 minutes. I offered pictures. (Hard to get to the po back then) he wanted the handle.

Lee just wants a picture or you just telling them what went wrong.

dragon813gt
01-18-2015, 10:29 PM
I've had great service from Lee. The system they have set up of sending in pics is easy as can be. It also takes little time out of my day. Now while I did eventually get parts from RCBS. Each time took three weeks for them to arrive. Had the Lee parts in a day or two.

duckey
01-18-2015, 10:33 PM
I called them about a used set of 9mmL dies, the bullet seating plug was missing! I told em I need one for a used set I bought. They shipped one out for free! That's service. I have dealt with the service dept a few times now and they are great.

Dr.S
01-19-2015, 09:50 PM
The postage costs more than the parts for them no doubt.

http://i.imgur.com/ZZ6Sbg3.gif

Certaindeaf
01-19-2015, 10:44 PM
I've loaded tens of thousands of rounds with my not too old cast iron turret press and just knew I'd hamfinger up that little square plastic actuator thingy so called to get a few for backup.. they sent me five for free. The original one is still perfect.

Schrag4
01-19-2015, 11:10 PM
I have had good luck with them as well. The cam on the sprue plate broke on a 6 cavity mold and they had a new one to me very quick.

Same exact experience - broke the same part and had the replacement very quickly.

dikman
01-20-2015, 12:14 AM
Lee just wants a picture or you just telling them what went wrong.

Nope. I did all that and they still basically didn't want to know me. And I'm still waiting for an answer to my letter to John Lee. (It's been several months, maybe he's a bit busy? [smilie=1:).

vonzep
01-20-2015, 12:19 AM
Nope. I did all that and they still basically didn't want to know me. And I'm still waiting for an answer to my letter to John Lee. (It's been several months, maybe he's a bit busy? [smilie=1:).

dunno. Try again.

Vinne
01-20-2015, 12:46 AM
I had some parts replaced and a few whole units exchanged. They were very helpful and fast with the turn around. I can say whenever I need something for reloading, I check first to see if Lee makes it.

dikman
01-20-2015, 12:53 AM
Ah, you're a funny man, vonzep :lol:.

Blanco
01-20-2015, 09:03 AM
Never had much of any issues with warranty stuff. Mold cam levers seem to be popular along with a few other small parts here and there.
I did have a .308 case get bad stuck in the resize die. Called on that and was told that if I sent it in with $12 they would un-stick the case.
A new set of RGB dies was $18 so I went with the RGB. That .308 case was stuck so bad I pulled the rim off and beat the decap pin silly.
I really don't see why so many people look down on Lee. I really like their dies. I get the fact that sometimes they cut corners to keep the price down.
On occasion I have had to fiddle with things that were a bit fussy. Overall If you have patience and use your head to figure a problem out there not bad at all.
Warranty is great... What's not to love

zuke
01-25-2015, 10:38 AM
Get great service from them also North of the border

jmort
01-25-2015, 12:50 PM
A a general matter Lee Precision has excellent customer service. My single experience was just a phone call, and the part was on the way, no charge.

jcwit
01-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Overall If you have patience and use your head to figure a problem out there not bad at all.

Hahahahaha That right there is funny!

Blanco
01-29-2015, 01:12 AM
I know ... no patience or Intelligence left out there

Kinda more sad than funny

dikman
01-29-2015, 05:43 AM
Fortunately, except for their molds I've found Lee gear to be well designed and built, and lends itself to repair/refurbishment/modifying. Which is just as well, as based on my experience I do not want to try and use their deplorable customer service again if I can help it. My used Pro1000 press was a bit the worse for wear (obviously well used!), with a few bits missing/damaged although it still functioned - sort of. With the help of Titan Reloading, my lathe and my mill I've now got it fully functional again - once I figured out exactly how it was supposed to do everything! And I like it.

This to their molds - :dung_hits_fan:. And this to what they laughingly call Customer Service - :takinWiz:. (I could never find a use for these smileys before :lol:).