PDA

View Full Version : Bitter Clingers

Wialco
01-13-2015, 09:03 PM
I added Bitter Clingers to my profile because I think I know what it means, but the more I pondered it the more I questioned myself. I cling to my right to own firearms and bitterly oppose those who attempt to take that right from me. On the other hand I don't believe the word "bitter" applies in any way to The Bible or my relationship with the Trinity God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. I may be making more of this than necessary but would like some of your thoughts.

JWFilips
01-13-2015, 09:33 PM
I feel it means you cling to your Guns and Bible, Yes ? Bitter at anyone that would try to take them away.
A take from oblama's speech

geargnasher
01-13-2015, 09:36 PM
I consider myself a responsible, activist clinger, but it doesn't have the same "ring" to it. Forgiven hearts should never consider themselves "bitter". To each their own interpretation.

Gear

RED333
01-13-2015, 09:56 PM
POTUS thinks we dont like change, thinks we are afraid of new things.
So the POTUS call us bitter for not giving into what he wants.

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/kevinglass/2012/09/17/flashback_obama_calls_americans_bitter_clingers

Wialco
01-13-2015, 09:57 PM
Agreed you captured my intent and expressed much better than I.

jmort
01-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Je Suis Bitter Clinger

jmort
01-13-2015, 10:13 PM
It is not that we are bitter, it that hussien so dubbed us as such. It is a badge of honor as far as I am concerned. It is great that this site has made it possible to identify with what was intended as a pejorative term. It is no different than Yankee Doodle.

JWFilips
01-13-2015, 10:35 PM
It is not that we are bitter, it that hussien so dubbed us as such. It is a badge of honor as far as I am concerned. It is great that this site has made it possible to identify with what was intended as a pejorative term. It is no different than Yankee Doodle.

Yeah! I like that!

Bzcraig
01-13-2015, 11:22 PM
Yeah! I like that!

Yup, John did some word-smithing there for sure!

R3104D3R
01-13-2015, 11:40 PM
Afraid of change, pfff. Change, 2016! Or will that be Chang 2016?

leftiye
01-14-2015, 07:01 AM

Dern straights! Plus 1. I'm not a clinger, I'm a defender. What's mine is gonna stay mine. And I'm not bitter, I'm defiant. Viva the defiant defenders! DDs that is.

w5pv
01-14-2015, 11:05 AM
"o" was the one that stated we were bitter clingers

captaint
01-14-2015, 11:52 AM
The obummer statement is the reason I left it off my profile. Besides, I'd only be bitter if someone actually did MOVE to take my stuff. That wouldn't go well at all. Mike

Wialco
01-14-2015, 12:25 PM
I hadn't connected the dots back to BHO's statement. Thanks for the heads up.

xs11jack
01-14-2015, 08:32 PM
Bitter also means acute mental anguish. Obummer and the rest of the politicians causes that in me.
Ole Jack

JWFilips
01-14-2015, 09:11 PM
The "Big O" or should I say the "Big Zero" is why were are where we are today! "They" elected him & now he is their god ( lower case as it is) Just let's get our great county back from zero so we may be Great Again!

MaryB
01-14-2015, 11:37 PM
It is a badge of honor to me that we can take an insult and turn it into a slogan, where a liberal would be crying to mommy that they were called a name

waynem34
01-15-2015, 12:38 AM
clinging.

snowwolfe
01-15-2015, 12:47 AM
First thing that came to my mind with "Bitter Clinger" is you have something in your underwear sticking to your inner butt that's biting you.

waynem34
01-15-2015, 01:19 AM
First thing that came to my mind with "Bitter Clinger" is you have something in your underwear sticking to your inner butt that's biting you.trying to wrap my imagination around what was said and quite stumped.

Ramar
01-15-2015, 01:55 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by snowwolfe http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=3092804#post3092804)
First thing that came to my mind with "Bitter Clinger" is you have something in your underwear sticking to your inner butt that's biting you.

"trying to wrap my imagination around what was said and quite stumped."

No, that be called "Suction"! ( as the ladies called it on the track team I once coached.)
Ramar

dakotashooter2
01-15-2015, 10:14 AM
So we are "Bitter Clingers" to stand up for our constitution while our government tries to tear it apart?

jmort
01-15-2015, 11:51 AM
Ask hussien, it's his point of view.

Harter66
01-15-2015, 12:09 PM
Dakota that is exactly what is being said . We as a whole want to live by "do what ,when,where ,who so long as it doesn't interfere with another's right to the same and is not morally repugnant ". Meanwhile 400 argue over the definition of morally and do while legislating morals and defining right and wrong until it is all just less not ok.

Because we stick to black and white and choose to place our trust in God ,but are ok with it if you want to place it in a cow,tree or not at all ,while keeping our hunting, sporting, personal defense tools we are labeled "bitter clingers".

Elkins45
01-15-2015, 09:06 PM

That's an interesting comment, and one I agree with to a great degree. The only thing that bothers me is the 'bitter' part, because when you hear the full original statement it's clear that he was using bitter as a code word for 'racist'.

I hate to give him the satisfaction....so maybe I will just call myself a 'clinger'. Not to be confused with Corporal Klinger :D

JWFilips
01-15-2015, 10:15 PM
Still: I'm quite "bitter" that "He" happened and the USA went along with it. This is not the country I once knew....Please tell me who changed it? Can a Lad of 12 walk down the street with his Dasiy and head into the local wood lot like I have done without Being accosted ?

BNE
01-15-2015, 10:31 PM
Still: I'm quite "bitter" that "He" happened and the USA went along with it. This is not the country I once knew....Please tell me who changed it? Can a Lad of 12 walk down the street with his Dasiy and head into the local wood lot like I have done without Being accosted ?

No the young lad could not. This is sad. My father loves to tell the story of how he walked to the bank with his first .22 rifle to show the clerks what he bought with his savings from the newspaper route. The bank president came out and admired it along with the tellers. I fear this day and age is long gone. BUT My Jesus is still God and none of this is a surprise to Him.

Hence my tag line below:

jmort
01-15-2015, 10:55 PM
"The only thing that bothers me is the 'bitter' part, because when you hear the full original statement it's clear that he was using bitter as a code word for 'racist'."

That is what was intended. Stupid, ignorant, racist, Christian white people. "Typical" white people like his grandmother. Throw grandma under the bus. Whatever is expedient.
"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Now with his imperial presidency, he can live like King Solomon and spend tens of millions on vacations, travel, food and entertainment. Throw food away, lots of food in the trash, lots of carbon in the air, and the media cares not. What a hypocrite.

"On Page 293 of my edition of "Dreams for My Father," Obama recounts Wright's "The Audacity of Hope" sermon.
Obama quotes this passage:

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks’ greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere…That’s the world! On which hope sits!""

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/Obamas_Wright_White_folks_greed.html

That is hussien's opinion. Je suis Yankee Doodle.

dakotashooter2
01-16-2015, 10:59 AM
I guess my definition of "bitter clinger" would be a person who blames his current situation on injustices done to his forefathers.............

So in other words the white race is the bad guy because they allowed themselves to advance socially and culturally while others just stuck their heads in the sand....................... All races were on a level playing field at one point. Why did some continue to advance while others stalled or advanced at a slower rate?

Harter66
01-16-2015, 11:02 AM
No the young lad could not. This is sad. My father loves to tell the story of how he walked to the bank with his first .22 rifle to show the clerks what he bought with his savings from the newspaper route. The bank president came out and admired it along with the tellers. I fear this day and age is long gone. BUT My Jesus is still God and none of this is a surprise to Him.

Hence my tag line below:

We are the problem and we are the cause . I don't know where the missteps came in but it has happened. We are no longer a nation of pride in accomplishment, but apologetic for having been proud of all the things we did 1st,bigger ,better or faster. I remember the truck commercials when they said these 2 are identical. .......except this trailer has another tractor in it. The DuPont packaging too , and Sky Lab . Now it's like dear Berlin I don't know why we started all that fuss here's a billion dollars to help you with the UXO you've been cleaning up for 70 yr." The problem is that we've gotten soft ,our kids aren't raised with the idea in mind that life will be hard or that they might have to be Marines . Nope they're raised in plastic bubbles safe from life . Just think I'm 1 of those 60s babies, 1 of those scary flag waving ,raised to be a Marine and a Patriot 60s baby. I'm in good company here but we are now the lay in wait and steering men and women (mostly) not the war face, screaming , rush in empty the rifle,break off the bayonet, beat them until the rifle looks like a hula hoop then shoot some with the side arm and repeat with their rifle any more.

R3104D3R
01-16-2015, 11:19 AM
Zero is bitter because he's failing at shaming us to drop our bibles.

freebullet
01-16-2015, 11:45 AM
They can call me anything. I care not what people I don't respect call me. I call them tyrants & their followers blind brown nosers.

MaryB
01-16-2015, 11:15 PM
Only the weak minded follow islam and obama, they are incapable of thinking for themselves