PDA

View Full Version : Sages: An Online Source for Competitively Priced Gas Checks

michiganmike
01-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Looking for gas checks? Like to spend a little less? You may want to give these folks a look: http://www.sagesoutdoors.com.

gwpercle
01-13-2015, 05:38 PM
I paid $1.77 in Baton Rouge last Thursday..... Sorry, wrong kind of gas check price ....never mind.

dtknowles
01-13-2015, 05:53 PM
NOE seems to have better prices on Gator Checks and I think they are a sponsor here.

Tim

michiganmike
01-13-2015, 07:42 PM
NOE seems to have better prices on Gator Checks and I think they are a sponsor here.

Tim

I don't know about NOE, or Gator Checks. That's just my ignorance, not a comment of either NOE or Gator.

The last box of 1,000 7mm gas checks I bought came from Midway. What caught my eye is that Sage sells 7mm gas checks. Some manufacturers and outlets don't. And the price was very competitive.

dtknowles
01-14-2015, 12:35 AM
I don't know about NOE, or Gator Checks. That's just my ignorance, not a comment of either NOE or Gator.

The last box of 1,000 7mm gas checks I bought came from Midway. What caught my eye is that Sage sells 7mm gas checks. Some manufacturers and outlets don't. And the price was very competitive.

NOE's maim business is making moulds. I have one of theirs and it is very nice. I have never used Gator checks, just Lyman and Hornady but Gator is the brand both NOE and Sages is selling.

Tim

robg
01-14-2015, 05:17 AM
gator checks seem to be harder than hornaday.in my .357win same load primer,powder etc shoot 2 inches higher at 25yards,but grouped just as well .amazing i think they upped the pressure due to there hardness

sthwestvictoria
01-14-2015, 06:02 AM
I have used the Sage .30 calibre checks. Stayed on with crimping and stayed on all the way into the target, I have pulled them out of my range lead.

Wayne Smith
01-14-2015, 08:35 AM
I just clicked on the Group Buy Login and got 'Server not found'. I was gonna see if Blammer had any. PM Blammer and see what his price is.

ballistim
01-14-2015, 08:53 AM
I have used Blammer's Gator gas checks and they work great for me, I'll buy them whenever I need any.

35 shooter
01-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Got a pack of 35 cal. al. checks from Sage's a while back. It is a HARD check with NO springback. Due to an injury from a fall i took and then getting a cold on top of that, i haven't had time to shoot them much. Initial groups were tight and they size on extremely tight and don't come off. I've been using .014" material to make my own checks, but his .010" hard check works just as well in my rifle.