PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on a .177,.22.25 pellet gun mold

buckshot&brass
02-23-2008, 02:50 AM
More of a Experiment in casting than a money saver and I realize it's probably not going to be fast either.What about a custom mold? expensive? Just to be clear I'am talking about a Air Gun in .177,.22,or.25

beagle
02-23-2008, 11:43 AM
I think CBE in Oz makes a .177 pellet mould. Haven't looked at their line in a while but they did have one./beagle

Bent Ramrod
02-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Beeman's used to offer the L.E.M. pellet moulds from England. Don't know if they still do so, but they might have a few still in stock.

buckshot&brass
02-25-2008, 01:23 AM
Googled LEM thats actually how I found this site. Checked Beeman and can't find a list for CBE but plan to E mail them.There was a guy that asked about them here awhile back and appeared a few members had some LEM'S,just have to post 26 times about a subject I know little about before I can post WTB.Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section not really sure where this one should go.Bent Ramrod was in on that conversation as well 1-10-08.I'll keep poking around.Thanks guys

beagle
02-25-2008, 02:42 PM
http://www.theammodump.com/cbe.html

Here's CBE's site. A quick browse failed to turn up a pellet mould but they may still be able to make them./beagle

buckshot&brass
02-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks Beagle it looks like they do list some sort of pellet mold near the bottom.I'll try and get some info.

sav300
02-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Buckshot&brass,
Hi. I have several tins of .25 pellets.Are you interested?
Am in Australia.

buckshot&brass
03-03-2008, 01:13 AM
CBE suggests swaging instead of casting. I know less about swaging than I do about casting.Guess it dosen't hurt to check.Thanks to all.

calaloo
03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
I think one of the Corbin brothers offers pellet swaging dies.

Bill

Rio Grande
06-30-2009, 01:58 AM
I shoot w/ a guy from Hungary.
He lived there while he was growing up in the Communist Bloc.
He said airguns could be bought but after a while the gov't banned new sales or some such, because the people were shooting pheasants and whatnot w/ their air rifles - they had to eat!
So....you couldn't buy pellets....
My buddy worked in a machine shop and made and sold a tool to press out pellets from sheet lead (bought as sheet, or poured out into one, a more or less uniform thickness).
All the tool did was punch out little cylinders of lead, they did not have skirts or grooves in them but they worked very well. I think the die that pressed them out made a 'cup', impressed into one end.
If you give it some thought, you can see how it worked, quite simple!