PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Block

Bear Claw
02-23-2008, 01:25 AM
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/custom_shop/RollingBlock_rifles.asp

I just found this, You guy"s probably already knew Huh????
Price is a little high imho, I wonder If they are made in Russia[smilie=1:

Buckshot
02-23-2008, 04:18 AM
...............Everyone waited with great anticipation when Big Green announced they were going to be offering this rifle several years back. After all what a great thing for the company to do but to resurrect one of it's most famous products that sold by the tens of thousands worldwide?

When it arrived the gunwritters did their best to praise it, but even some of them realized the emperor was naked. It's a nice enough rifle and I suspect there might be something to haveing a REAL Remington made rolling block. However, if I was going to spend that kind of money I'd spend it at Lonestar.

................Buckshot

EDK
02-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Why do the gun companies come up with a good concept...and totally screw it up when it becomes steel and walnut. It's never something big, but "the devil is in the details" sure applies.

Didn't Winchester (or Browning) re-barrel a bunch of 1895 re-issues (or do you call them replicas?) awhile back? They had a bunch of them and could hardly give them away.

Ruger re-introduced the HUNTER and the little 44 auto rifle. I'm having high hopes that the ORIGINAL SIZE VAQUERO and BISLEY VAQUERO in 357 and 44 magnum will be brought back....They are bringing premium prices on the internet auctions that I see. I've been buying them if I can.

Kraschenbirn
02-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Definitely overpriced and, IMO from the two I've seen, definitely not up to the fit/finish standards one would (should?) expect from what's supposed to be a "premium" piece. Would much rather pick up an Argentine smokeless action and have one built the way I want it.

Bill

Hayfield
02-23-2008, 09:24 PM
The Silhouette model is the gun I use for BPCR competition. The single set trigger that came on the gun was horrible. I shimmed it to take 1/2 the pull off but that just made it a 4 lb trigger. And there were times when I launched one just closing the roller. That'll give rise to some harsh language. Sent it to Lonestar for double sets. By the way, I ordered mine from the Rem Custom shop back in the last century. $1500.00 with MVA sights.

dukers65
03-14-2008, 09:23 AM
makess me wonder about remington's and mine,it was built locally using a remington rolling block action and a numrich barrel.