PDA

View Full Version : S&W Model 10 vs Colt Army Special/Official Police size

texaswoodworker
01-13-2015, 03:19 AM
I was wondering if somebody knew if there is much of a difference in frame sizes for the S&W Model 10 and the Colt Army Special/Official Police. I make holsters and was wondering if a holster I made for my Army Special would fit a Model 10. They look to be pretty close.

Thanks

Here's my well used baby. Other than one small (but unfortunately deep) area of pitting on the right side, she is in pretty good condition. There is very little play in the cylinder lockup. It was made in 1919. :D

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg606/rifleman2020/download_zps93471ae9.jpg

bouncer50
01-13-2015, 07:58 AM
I have both a S&W made in around 1938 and a Colt made in 1929 both have 5 inch barrels. The only real different i see is the Smith has a little fatter barrel. But other wise they look pretty close in size.

Butler Ford
01-13-2015, 08:20 AM
As a helicopter pilot in the army, I was always issued a 38spl. In the same arms room we would have both Colt and S&W but only one holster. The holster could not tell which was in it. ;)

BF

edited to add: I have spent the last week looking for a decent holster for a K-frame S&W, even the old Hunter brand holsters are over $70 if you can find one. I sure would like to see your work perhaps we can do a bit of business. 7 K-frames and only 2 holsters that I don't like.

texaswoodworker
01-13-2015, 08:59 AM
I have both a S&W made in around 1938 and a Colt made in 1929 both have 5 inch barrels. The only real different i see is the Smith has a little fatter barrel. But other wise they look pretty close in size.

As a helicopter pilot in the army, I was always issued a 38spl. In the same arms room we would have both Colt and S&W but only one holster. The holster could not tell which was in it. ;)

BF

edited to add: I have spent the last week looking for a decent holster for a K-frame S&W, even the old Hunter brand holsters are over $70 if you can find one. I sure would like to see your work perhaps we can do a bit of business. 7 K-frames and only 2 holsters that I don't like.

Thanks guys, that's all I needed to know. :)

Butler, there's a PM on the way. ;)