PDA

View Full Version : Where is all the pistol powder?

texaswoodworker
01-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Seriously, it's been two years and it's still nowhere to be found. :(

I'm pretty much out of powder for my handguns at this point other than a can of H110 which is useless for rounds like 9mm and 45 acp.

RogerDat
01-12-2015, 10:40 PM
You might try keeping this site open all of the time and watch it ready to pounce when a powder you can use pops up. Sorted by time will keep newly found sources at the top. Page auto updates.

http://www.gunbot.net/reloading/Powder/

Also worth pre-developing a list of possible powders that will meet your needs. What you "normally" purchase may not show up but some pistol powder you can use should show up.

You also may want to be aware at least a few vendors putting the powder in your basket does not lock the sale. The powder can be gone by the time you check out. Might want to make you have your CC info handy or even pre-create a login with the information already entered at some vendors for speed of ordering.

Took me about 2 or 3 days of watching to land on a few lbs. of tightgroup for my pistol reloading needs.

texaswoodworker
01-12-2015, 11:28 PM
You might try keeping this site open all of the time and watch it ready to pounce when a powder you can use pops up. Sorted by time will keep newly found sources at the top. Page auto updates.

http://www.gunbot.net/reloading/Powder/

Also worth pre-developing a list of possible powders that will meet your needs. What you "normally" purchase may not show up but some pistol powder you can use should show up.

You also may want to be aware at least a few vendors putting the powder in your basket does not lock the sale. The powder can be gone by the time you check out. Might want to make you have your CC info handy or even pre-create a login with the information already entered at some vendors for speed of ordering.

Took me about 2 or 3 days of watching to land on a few lbs. of tightgroup for my pistol reloading needs.

I'm not too picky when it comes to the powder I use in pistols. I usually use unique, but would be happy with 2400, universal, red dot, blue dot, green dot, ect. I check that site periodically, but never see any pistol powders show up on it.

btroj
01-12-2015, 11:37 PM
i bet a fair bit resides in the homes of members here. Members who refuse to be caught short handed

retread
01-12-2015, 11:45 PM
Keep a daily eye on Graf & Sons. Got a 8 pounder of Winchester WST the other day. It was there then gone but I got my order in. Other than that just the locals at HIGH prices when they have some.

9mmsubgun-m11
01-12-2015, 11:47 PM
i bet a fair bit resides in the homes of members here. Members who refuse to be caught short handed

Amen brother! I was surprised this weekend at a gunshow in Ohio that a dealer had a case or 2 of Win 231. Picked up 3lbs.

ballistim
01-12-2015, 11:59 PM

Guilty as charged!

BTW... am I the only one around here who wants to ask the guy who takes your money at the door of a gun show nowadays to give it back on the way out the door five minutes later? I can't remember the last time I went to a local gun show without feeling like I wasted my time and money. Hopefully this is only because of where I live and not representative of shows elsewhere.

clum553946
01-13-2015, 12:25 AM
Shootersupplyusa.com

They have some 700x last time I looked

aspangler
01-13-2015, 12:28 AM
It's in my reloading room. :kidding:

retread
01-13-2015, 02:25 AM
Shooter's does not have anything now. Like all the suppliers, they get a little shot in and you better see it and jump because it won't be there long.

newton
01-13-2015, 09:41 AM
Keep a daily eye on Graf & Sons. Got a 8 pounder of Winchester WST the other day. It was there then gone but I got my order in. Other than that just the locals at HIGH prices when they have some.

I had a jug in my cart....then backed out.

I am lucky/unlucky that I did not shoot much last year. The year before, right before the panic hit, I snagged a few lbs of Unique.

I hear you texas, but the others are right. You got to keep your eye out and actually search for it. You will find it online easier than in the store. I know for sure I have enough to keep me shooting the rest of this year, but its real easy to get caught up in the panic. I don't knock those who hoard, but I would hope they would share if someone was truly in need. Hard part of that is now days you never know who is just wanting to hoard more.....

Eyes open and you'll find it. Heck, I walked into Cabelas the other day and they had a few lbs of Unique and Bullseye on the shelf. I so bad wanted to buy it all, but instead I turned around and walked out. I then posted about it to let people know.

The very BEST thing you can do is not pay scalping prices for the powder. Make those who are buying it up, just to resell it, sit on their money. It will serve them right to be paying interest fee's on their credit cards for trying to mooch off their fellow hand loaders.

leftiye
01-13-2015, 11:09 AM
I admit it, I don't understand why there is no powder available. I kinda wunder if der Bummer ain't to blame???

clum553946
01-13-2015, 02:06 PM
I just looked, Shooters Supply has CFE Pistol & 700X in 8 lb jugs in stock

runfiverun
01-13-2015, 02:23 PM
I just go to the store and buy it.....seriously.
they either got what I want or they don't.
last time in they had tite-group, unique, bulls-eye, and some other stuff on hand.
it wasn't what I wanted so I bought some shotgun primers/shot and some fishing equipment instead.
[bet I don't run out of fishing stuff, or spaghetti noodles any time soon either]

I know there is a few guy's around here that would like to buy those powders, which would leave the ones I want on the shelves for the next time I'm there.