PDA

View Full Version : KKM Precision Barrels

iomskp
01-12-2015, 09:46 AM
Hello and good morning to all
Earlier this evening I was talking to an old friend and fellow shooter and the subject of my 9mm Glock 34 came up and the potential of cast projectiles causing pressure problems and he said he had done a clean out of his gun room and found a KKM barrel to suit my 34 that he had purchased and never got round to using, the price was good so I snapped it up.

My question is are they a good barrel, has anybody had any experience with them in a Glock or any other gun.

Regards Trevor

Gunsmoke4570
01-12-2015, 11:03 AM
I have a KKM in my Glock 35. It is very accurate and leading has been a non issue for me.

lefty o
01-12-2015, 12:08 PM
kkm is one of the better barrels you can buy.

wv109323
01-12-2015, 11:34 PM
The Bullseye people were building 9MM centerfire pistols with KKM barrels. Results were pistols that would shoot less than a inch a 50 yards.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
01-12-2015, 11:44 PM
Have one is my Glock 20. Shoots just fine!

iomskp
01-13-2015, 02:15 AM
Thanks for the feed back

Clark
01-13-2015, 04:16 AM
I bought glocks to find their limits in overload work ups.
The 3 glocks I own sat around for 10 years until a couple months ago I got a Glock 20 40sw KKM barrel.
So I measured the case support by 1) scribing on chambered cases with a needle and by 2) working up a load to get a case bulge and measure the bulge.
The stock G20 10mm barrel has poor case support, the 10mm Bar Sto better, and the 40sw KKM the best.

Gunslingerdoc
01-13-2015, 11:19 AM
Im on my second KKM G-34 barrel. Firs one went about 20K before I noticed scratches and increasing group size (shooting jacketed reloads only). My second one has 15K thru it and still looks good. I holds 1-1.25 inches at 25 yards offhand if I do my part ( better off a bench) and my eyes aren't what they used to be....Now I shoot mostly PC'd lead thru it.

twc1964
01-13-2015, 01:23 PM
I have one in my g21. Shoots great and no leading. Im sold.

Spector
01-13-2015, 03:56 PM
I had a catastrophic case failure in a Gen 1 Glock 21. It failed just at the unsupported area in the chamber. I had that pistol for 19 years and loved it, but I'll never fire another reload in a factory Glock barrel. Period. Ruined the frame. No apparent damage to the slide or barrel, but my face and hands took a hit. Thank God for safety glasses.

Anyway I just purchased a Glock 41 for use by my grandson. First thing I did was get a KKM barrel for it's additional case support. Never had any problem with my Glock 21 factory barrel shooting over 13,000 boolits. The new KKM barrel only has about 250 boolits through it so far and they were all powder coated. No problems and my grandson really seems to like it.

And I sleep better at night believing there is likely not going to be another catastrophic case failure in my, or his, future. If you ever experience a kaboom in your hands it changes the way you think.

One thing I should say though is that I get many multiple uses out of a case. I am still satisfied I had a weak spot in that case and it just happened to line up with the unsupported area of that Glock 21 barrel. That case went kaboom on the 3rd firing..........Mike

Clark
01-13-2015, 06:57 PM
I have many cubic feet of cartridge boxes filled with cases in overload work ups. The case bulges over a feed ramp deeper than the case web are inevitable.

But a couple times I have had case heads fail due to a combination of overloaded high pressure and a manufacturing defect. So even if you have great case support, and really know what you are doing with overloads, you can still get some surprises every few thousand rounds.

cwheel
01-13-2015, 07:10 PM
The factory is about 40 miles up the road in Mound House, great product, nice people to deal with. Got one in my G30 45 to use with cast.
Chris