PDA

View Full Version : ! trailboss no longer on IMR site!

kweidner
01-12-2015, 02:45 AM
ummmmmm. ..................That would make me very very very upset. Anybody know what is up?

NSB
01-12-2015, 03:05 AM
Look on Hodgdon's site. They ownl it now.

kweidner
01-12-2015, 06:43 AM
Thank you panic over. Have great subsonic stuff with cast , HT, and a can. Also use it to teach reloaders with. That and a smack em whack em Lee.

FLHTC
01-12-2015, 08:28 AM
I strongly believe there are sinister motives behind the acquisition. Kind of like stopping the powder flow with one fell swoop. The government wants the guns and even though they're quiet now, they haven't stopped. Gun and powder companies are being bought at surprising rates so closing one door will close them all.

wrench man
01-13-2015, 02:39 AM
Now that you mention it I did indeed notice that the cap was the wrong color!?, IMR is red and Hodgdon is black.
http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx190/ramblerinternational/guns/powder_zps162c92de.jpg (http://s754.photobucket.com/user/ramblerinternational/media/guns/powder_zps162c92de.jpg.html)

osteodoc08
01-13-2015, 07:18 AM
Kinda off topic, but has there ever been a DOCUMENTED case of a HANDLOADER using handloads in a crime? I think that we would be rather "low risk".

But whatever the left can do to get rid of or put a damper on firearms, they will. Nevermind that criminals will e criminal.

jonp
01-15-2015, 07:30 PM
You know, with all of the arguments about handloads increasing liability and lawyers and courts and stuff I can't seem to recall one shooting that including "homemade bullets" as having any relevance or even being brought up.

RogerDat
01-15-2015, 08:01 PM
Hand loaders that commit gun crimes are probably about as common as the drive by bayonet attacks that caused bayonet lugs to get banned awhile back.

salpal48
01-15-2015, 08:38 PM
I don't Recall the issue. Of handloader. . The article. Since Hodgdons , owns IMR + other. all Powders will be Under The Hodgdons name. little by little. Maybe This Is the first one .

Maineboy
01-16-2015, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=jonp;3093654]You know, with all of the arguments about handloads increasing liability and lawyers and courts and stuff I can't seem to recall one shooting that including "homemade bullets" as having any relevance or even being brought up.[/QUOTE

Way back in the late 70s, as a newly hired police officer, I attend the Maine Criminal Justice Academy. I remembered being admonished when I mentioned I carried my own reloads in my duty weapon. My department had no policy regarding firearms and ammo and several other officers did the same so I continued until I moved on in 1983. Liability and lawyers were brought up by the academy and I always wondered if that would spill over if Joe Q. Citizen shot a bad guy with his reloads.

Hardcast416taylor
01-16-2015, 04:45 PM
"Drive by bayonet attacks"! That sounds about like what happens in Lansing and Detroit!Robert

xacex
01-16-2015, 05:48 PM
I do load cast boolits in my handguns that I carry. I know they perform, and I have an accurate load. I do not carry handload with the intention of ever having to use them, but if I do I will be less worried about what ammunition I am using vs saving my life or the life of a loved one. If I am ever tried for using a cast boolit in the name of real God forsaken self defence I will make damn sure it is front page news. If that is the case we have other things to worry about then what bullet is in our guns.

Motor
01-17-2015, 06:49 PM
I strongly believe there are sinister motives behind the acquisition. Kind of like stopping the powder flow with one fell swoop. The government wants the guns and even though they're quiet now, they haven't stopped. Gun and powder companies are being bought at surprising rates so closing one door will close them all.

What are you talking about? Hodgdon has owned the IMR brand and the Winchester brand of reloading powder for years.

I don't know why they chose to change the brand name on Trail Boss. Really I don't why they put IMR on it in the first place.

Daddyfixit
01-18-2015, 03:50 PM
What Motor said!

What are you talking about? Hodgdon has owned the IMR brand and the Winchester brand of reloading powder for years.

I don't know why they chose to change the brand name on Trail Boss. Really I don't why they put IMR on it in the first place.