PDA

View Full Version : Bummed I didn't get anything I ordered this week

Patrick L
02-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Well, I'm just finishing up a weeks vacation today. I ordered some loading goodies with some birthday cash I got (don't you just love being "hard to shop for"?) Nothing special, just some bullet sizing dies and top punches, and a Dillon Super Swage for military brass. I was hoping I would get at least some of it this week so I'd be able to play, but nothing so far. Unless that big brown truck shows up later today, I'm sunk.

:(

wheelgunner
02-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Somehow that old song "Anticipation" is running through my head now, lol. I know what you mean, I ordered a dutch oven and leather apron and gloves from Harbor Freight last week. Was hopin to make a serious amount of ingots this weekend since it's snowing. No big brown truck for me either!

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Ah, the pleasures and perils of the brown truck. Gotta love it.

Regards,

Dave

Jon K
02-23-2008, 12:15 PM
What's the matter with you guys? Brown Truck?
Aren't you on first name basis with the driver?
If not maybe you need to get a Single Shot ad shoot BP.

Oh, forgot you also get to know the Fedex guy, seems like those trucks follow you home.

Jon

Patrick L
02-26-2008, 06:18 PM
The Super Swage came today!! Its snowing hard, I can hope for a snow day tomorrow!!!

EDK
02-26-2008, 10:41 PM
44 brass from Richbug...in transit.

429649 boolit mould from jlchucker...also in transit.

LARS' LIQUID XLOX for my new RANCH DOG 432 265 mould just got shipped.

Maybe tomorrow....maybe Thursday!

Wish me luck bidding a VAQUERO on Gunbroker tomorrow morning before I go to work!

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

Patrick L
03-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Here's an interesting followup to this post. I'm not out to trash anyone's business, but I just thought you guys should have this information in order to help you make better decisions as to where you buy from.

My original post dated from mid February. I had ordered a few odds and ends, hoping to use some of my week's vacation puttering around the loading bench. One of the companies I ordered from was F&M Reloading. On 2/10 I ordered 2 Lyman sizer dies and a top punch. On 2/11 I received an email thanking me for my order and advising me it would ship in 1-5 days. Fine. Well, nothing ever came.

Two weeks later I sent them an email asking if there was some delay. No reply. Last week I sent another email. No reply. Finally, on Thursday, I called them. At least they have an 800 number. A very pleasant gentleman told me that they were out of both sizing dies and had no idea when they would be coming in. I asked him why I hadn't received any communication advising me of this. He really didn't have an answer. Needless to say, I cancelled the order.

I find it incredible in this day and age a company can operate that way. I have ordered from them once or twice before, and I did receive my merchandise, except one time some gaschecks were out of stock. I do recall being told that, though. I can't remember, it was awhile ago. Maybe I had phoned in the order.

Like I said, I'm not saying don't buy from these guys. Just be aware. I guess the lowest price is the lowest price for a reason.

BTW, I ordered the items from Midsouth on Thursday evening, and received an email this morning that it had shipped.

Crash_Corrigan
03-15-2008, 12:17 PM
PATRICK L

I betcha the super swage came PDQ. I live in Vegas and when I order from Dillon the stuff ships the next day via Fed Ex and arrives on a Thursday if I ordered Monday.

They are not the cheapest but they are fast and have excellent cust srvc.

I love the dies with the snap out guts that let you clean out the dies without unscrewing them from the toolhead.

I have the auto casefeeder on my 550 and it is a dream to use. I can get a box of 50 9MM done in less than 5 minutes and I can get a great rythm going and really get to some serious production.

I deal mostly with Midway as they are fast and have a good selection.

Patrick L
03-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Crash,

Actually, the Super Swager took a bit more than a week. But since I live in upstate NY, that's not bad for standard shipping fron Arizona. I'm sure I could have had it shipped overnight if I was willing to spend the $$, but I'm too cheap!!

But I have to agree, excellent service is almost always worth the extra cost.

Chunky Monkey
03-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Hey guys, regarding the Super Swager, did you get it from Dillon Precision Patrick L? And also if I get one to swage 223 and 45 military brass do I need any extra accessories. :-? Web site says it comes comlete with large and small swage rods? Don't want to get it and find out I need something else. :mrgreen:

Thanks
Chunk Monkey

Patrick L
03-18-2008, 08:16 PM
It came with everything.