PDA

View Full Version : Need prayers

bensonwe
01-10-2015, 05:28 PM
My wife of 21 years told me yesterday morning she is divorcing me and moving in with her son and grandkids who live in another state. She is coming next Saturday to pick up her things. I lost a good paying job and haven't been able find another. This with my depression on not finding another is probly some of the reason why she's leaving. Please pray for me as I'm in a bad way right now.

jmort
01-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Praying for you Brother. This too shall pass.

jcren
01-10-2015, 05:41 PM
You will be in our prayers.

country gent
01-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Will be praying for you as well. Keep going. Dont give up

buckwheatpaul
01-10-2015, 06:33 PM
You have my prayers.....I have a thought....you might want to get with a professional head-hunter to help package your talents and strengths.....your Cast Boolit Family will wrap their arms around you and help to support your undertakings.....Paul

shoot-n-lead
01-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Prayer just sent for you, my friend...and will continue.

big bore 99
01-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Just sent a prayer. Keep your chin up and your nose in the wind.

bensonwe
01-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Thank you all for posting prayers. I know I will eventually get through this but right now I'm hurting. Feeling abanded is heartripping.

Hickok
01-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Benson, prayer in the name of Jesus for you and your family.

Go see a doctor about the depression, you can't handle it yourself. It's is like falling backwards into a black hole and seeing the light in the opening getting smaller and smaller. Been there myself. The stress, worry and fatigue have your body out of balance.

Please go see someone. i

WILCO
01-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Feeling abanded is heartripping.

It's a tough spot. If it's for real going to happen, be proactive. Seek counsel, both legal & spiritual. Fight to survive. Refuse to be an emotional victim.

Bo1
01-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Prayers sent. Everything heals with time, keep your head high, and keep moving forward.
Bo

RED333
01-10-2015, 09:21 PM
My prays for you Brother, go to church, talk to the ones in charge, they will help you with this.

dlbarr
01-11-2015, 02:25 AM
Bensonwe, praying for you.

Listen, alot of us have been through this type of thing. It's awful and painful for sure but GOD is faithful. You just keep hanging in there like others have said. Go to church. Read the Word. Pray for yourself & your family. Get professional help as needed. Keeping praying & stay in fellowship with GOD & your church family. HE will take you through this. We love you, brother and are praying for you.

w5pv
01-11-2015, 09:17 AM
God our Father,if it is your will walk through this persons house and take away all worries and heal his illiness.In Jesus's name we pray AMEN.

Hickok
01-11-2015, 01:46 PM
Yes Benson, as the brothers said, above all else, turn to Jesus and your church family.

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and My burden is light." Mathew 11; 28-30

You are in my prayers.

bensonwe
01-12-2015, 07:27 PM
To all who have posted. Thank you for the words of wisdom. I have so many wise friends on this site that I would like to shake each and everyone of your hands someday. I spoke with my pastor yesterday and after an hour with him I feel better. He said the lord may be allowing this for my wife. She may need this divorce for some reason. That seemed to help. But again, thanks to all for the encouragement to seek the lord and counsel from spiritual leaders.

retread
01-12-2015, 09:03 PM
My prayers are with you. Seek the Lord and you will find peace. God Bless

Bzcraig
01-12-2015, 09:30 PM
I am not one for 'canned prayer' but this does seem appropriate,

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

In Jesus name!

Bongo
01-13-2015, 12:09 AM
I believe in the power of prayer brother. Especially when someone has the courage to ask for it. God has done miracles with my family and I know in my heart it was because of many prayers. I began praying for you as soon as I read your request. I've read some very good advice from your Boolit brothers. I can tell that they, like myself, are hurting for you. Stay in the word, keep talking to God and lean on your Christian family. When you draw nigh unto God, He will draw nigh unto you. You are never alone.....Pastor Tom

gray wolf
01-17-2015, 03:39 PM
Prayers for you and the family that all will work out for you.

Sam

Andy
01-22-2015, 01:17 AM
Praying for you and your wife. A good church can be an incredible support system at a time like this, especially if you are feeling alone. Finding the right one can be a search, but once you find it they will be family to you in no time. I will pray for the healing of your marriage and for your financial needs being met during this transition period. Keep an open mind and heart to your wife and we will pray that she does the same toward you, there is always hope for reconciliation.

bensonwe
04-09-2015, 10:35 PM
It's been a few months since I've posted and would like to tell what has happened so far. She did hire a lawyer and filed for divorce. At first she was very distant and would not have anything to do with me. But, in the last 2 weeks she has been calling me more frequently and asking how I'm doing. She came to the house last Monday and packed the remaining stuff she couldn't get earlier. She even asked me out for lunch. This is were it got interesting. During lunch she said her son is having problems with her being around so much and the grandkids don't want her involved with them as much as she thought she would. She told me she still loves me very much but needs time to "heal herself". Don't know exactly what that means but that's alright with me. I said I still love her very much as well. She said she would be very interested in remarriage if we both feel the same way in about a year. I know that if I feel next year the way I feel right now, I would remarry. But will I feel the same way? I guess time will tell. I just strikes me a bit odd that she would divorce then want to remarry. Also strikes me odd that she would think that life with her son and grandkids would be better than with her husband of 21 years. As for me, I felt like I went a 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, and lost every round. But, the lord picked me up, brushed the dirt off me and told me that I am his child and he is with me every step. I have been able to get my old contacts back and started my business back up. (the same business she asked me to stop). I will go on my second run next week. In Jan I would have never believe I could recover but slowly I am. Sorry for rambling and thank you to all who posted with support during my black time. I truly wish Gods blessings on each and everyone of you.

Bzcraig
04-09-2015, 11:17 PM
That's great news and taking it slow seems like an even better thing. Make every effort to find what got to the divorce so that tragedy doesn't happen again.

shoot-n-lead
04-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Good news and I am glad to hear it.

Continue to give GOD the glory and opportunity to bring you through this.

USMC87
04-10-2015, 06:52 PM
GOD is worthy of all praise, I thank GOD for answered prayer on your behalf.

Hogdaddy
04-10-2015, 07:46 PM
god is worthy of all praise, i thank god for answered prayer on your behalf.

^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^ ; )
h/d

Preacher Jim
04-11-2015, 07:10 AM
Benson, when I was going through the same valley I turned my life fully into the Lord,'s hand I followed Hickock's advise found help. My pastors advlse was; Rember the verse, I can do all thing's through Christ who strengthens me. I still live by that verse. Praying for you and your situation.
Jim

ravelode
04-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Prayers with you, my wife of 30 years has mentioned the "D" word more than once in the last 3 years that I've been working 160 miles away (until last month)

Crosbyman
04-11-2015, 03:10 PM
I had the same thing happen to me, and like Roy Clark said, "thank God and Greyhound she's gone".