PDA

View Full Version : 200th Post

jumbeaux
01-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Only took me 4 years and 11 months to hit Post #200 ...in all of the forums I view I have less than 2500 total posts since 2008...I remember what my dad always said..."better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts..." Thank y'all for letting me look and learn...

rick

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-10-2015, 05:08 PM
congrats on # 200

snip...
"better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts..."
I was told that by many of those that loved me (and some that didn't)...But I paid no heed.

I also have a loud boisterous voice. I was often told to use my "inside" voice.

Funny story...
A girl I dated some time back, would always start talking softer when I was talking louder (of course I didn't know that at the time). Her soft voice would always make me talk even louder, because I could barely hear her and figured she could barely hear me.

OK, now I'm just sharing too much...must be cabin fever ?

LUBEDUDE
01-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Yep Jon, that there IS a funny story alright!!![smilie=l:

WILCO
01-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Congrats!

Hey Jon, can you hear me?

blackthorn
01-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Yep! God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason!

Hogtamer
01-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Was yo Daddy Abe Lincoln?!! "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt." Or Solomon? (Proverbs 17:1). "Better a dry morsel with quiet than a house full of feasting with strife." You and your Daddy are wise men. I lean perilously toward the foolish side on occasion. Getting better with age though.