PDA

View Full Version : Update on deadbeat debt fundraiser

Recluse
01-10-2015, 01:50 PM
I have now received all donations via mail, along with donations sent via Paypal and included with all of them were instructions/wishes as to how the donations are to be disbursed.

I've been in contact with the affected members and the funds owed to them have been disbursed per their wishes.

Obviously we raised more money than what was directly owed so the excess, per each donor's instructions, are being applied and forwarded per their requests.

For those who sent cash, checks and money orders, those will be deposited in my business bank account and the funds then transferred to my Paypal account for disbursement to the forum and to Ken. I'll update as appropriate until all funds earmarked for this effort have been disbursed.

No_1 (Robert) and I have been in frequent phone communication and he knows the exact figure of funds that have been raised. I'm not going to post totals here because it seems to invite scammers as we've have seen in years past and our membership deserves better than that.

Suffice it to say that all known debts owed by the now banned member to the affected members have been satisfied and that out of the bad has come some incredible good. Once again, this community rallied around several of our own and rose to the occasion We did not simply repair a dent in our community, we made the entire community stronger and tighter and better than we were before the effort began. That is what we've always been about.

Well done, folks.

:coffee:

pjames32
01-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Thanks for your efforts to put this episode to bed!
PJ

ShooterAZ
01-10-2015, 07:59 PM
I know that had to be a lot of work coordinating everything, and I thank you very much for doing it. I'm glad we could take care of the members who were owed. I have a lot of trust in the members on this site.

No_1
01-10-2015, 08:14 PM
I must agree with JD, this is the BEST place on the net. Thank you everyone for everything you have done to make this wrong into a right. As JD has indicated, our close nit community attracts those who prey upon our family attitude. Please remember to keep your guard up. If you feel suspicious please contact me or one of the mods.

Sweetpea
01-10-2015, 09:40 PM
JD and Robert, thanks for all the time you took to make this happen!

Bzcraig
01-11-2015, 02:28 AM
This is a first class site, taking care of our own is awesome!

DeputyDog25
01-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Best site on the internet as far as I am concerned, no cussing, no fighting, no discrimination, just a peaceful place to come and relax and read about just about anything you would need to know. It has got me through many a day, just having a pleasant conversation with a member or just reading through many articles that give me ideas for other projects.

osteodoc08
01-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Well dang. I didn't realize you guys were raising money for
this. I'd of contributed. Let me rummage through some stuff downstairs and ill auction off something for the site. I love this place!

leadman
01-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Glad this has ended with positive results. Don't know if my meager donation was included in the excess but do with them what you think is best.

pjames32
01-11-2015, 10:59 PM
My meager donation was accepted and put to good use. When I can donate more to this sit I will. I'm on lots of forums. This one I king. I learn something daily!
PJ

MaryB
01-12-2015, 12:27 AM
PM sent, one more donation to get to you thanks to SSGoldfart