PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have/shoot Uberti/Cimarron SAA in 32-20 (32 WCF)?

bedbugbilly
01-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Anyone have/shoot a Uberti/Cimarron SAA in 32WCF?

It must be the cold weather - I'm getting a little bored. I reload a lot of 38 Colt Short/Long and 38 Spl in both BP and Smokeless - and have something like 9 or 10 vintage DA and SA revolvers to shoot them out of. I enjoy the 38s but want to "play" with another cartridge. My true love is SA shooting - just plinking - killing cans, punching paper and a varmint once in a while.

Anyway, I've been thinking about possibly the 44 spl or 45 Colt but I still want to play with the old 32-20 at some point and am considering doing that one first. Plus, the 32 WCF would certainly use a lot less lead and powder than a 44 or 45. I have always been fascinated with the 32 WCF - I have my g-uncle's 32-20 "Belgium" copy of a Colt along with the holster and cartridge belt - he was a rep for International harvester in the late 1800's and traveled all over the mid-west and west selling IH products. I'm thinking it would be kind of nice to have something very similar to what he had - I remember him well and just wished I had taken the opportunity to hear him tell of his "time on the road" in those days.

On the Cimarron site - they show the 1873 Colt SA in 32 WCF in several models - the old frame and the new frame. I have several Uberitis - my latest a Bisley in 357 and it is a fine shooter. I'm thinking one of the Uberti SAA in 32 WCF might be fun - I like historic cartridges and historic guns and would be loading in both smokeless and BP nd shooting cast only (that's all I reload).

I'd appreciate any feedback from someone who has one of these handguns and hear what you think about them and the 32 WCF cartridge.

Unfortunately, brass seems to be in short supply which is one concern I have (I do have one casing that was with my g-uncle's rig! LOL). I already have several molds that would work with this cartridge so I'll start to accumulate the rest of the items I'll need to reload with - i.e. dies, etc.

Thanks for any input - greatly appreciated!

Guesser
01-10-2015, 03:48 PM
I own, cast, load and shoot a Ubertti SA in 32-20; as well as 5 Sa and DA Colts. I use Trail Boss and cast 3118 for all of them. Good guns, lotsa fun and cheap to shoot. Clay pigeons on the berm at a hunnert yards, yup, great sport!!!