PDA

View Full Version : Browning High Power World War II commemorative

tazman
01-10-2015, 12:12 PM
A local gun shop has this pistol, new in the case, never fired, never been touched by ungloved hands, for sale.
The picture is not of the particular gun but of one just like it. I didn't have my camera with me.
Absolutely beautiful
I don't know what these are worth but they had it for sale. $2200 at the time.

MtGun44
01-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Nice, but I won't buy a gun I won't shoot and that is not for shooting, it is
for looking.

Bill

bouncer50
01-10-2015, 07:58 PM
It like having a model a 10+ for my wife. No fun if you jest want to look at her. I like to touch and play with my girl. Same with my guns no fun just to look at them they were made to be used.

C. Latch
01-10-2015, 08:22 PM
I love BHPs. I just can't justify safe queens. Guns have no real investment value until you sell them. I hate selling them, so the pile of 'safe queens' I already own are something of a half-blessing, half-curse.

bruce drake
01-10-2015, 11:05 PM
A Browning HP is a blessing to shoot. putting one behind glass is an evil curse.

seaboltm
01-10-2015, 11:29 PM
That is certainly asking price. I wouldn't pay half that. And I have some very, very expensive guns. Those types of examples are produced in mass. Thin gold plating on a $400 gun (at the time) with $75 worth of machine driven engraving/art work. Add a case and paper work: $75 more. Translate to today's prices: $950. This type of gun really appeals to WWII vets (bless their souls, they are mostly gone) or their immediate sons/daughters (who are not young). Just my thoughts. The selling point of a mass produced gun like this is to appeal to emotion. Once the emotion is all dead, the value will drop to the same as any other hi-power, within a few dollars. It is the Franklin Mint of guns.

MakeMineA10mm
01-11-2015, 12:57 AM
That's more expensive than a real WWII Browning Hi-Power with the WaA stamp and eagle the Nazi's put on them after they took over the FN factory in Belgium.

Myself, I'd rather have the real, present-in-WWII Browning to that gold-plated safe-queen. But that's just me. :)

44 Special
01-11-2015, 09:09 AM
WWII is over, we won. I'd pass on that Browning HP.
Buy one you can shoot.

Tackleberry41
01-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Yea I never understood the whole commemorative, put it behind glass thing. I like BHP alot, mine is just a Argentina copy, but works just as good as a real one. Friend went to sell 2 an uncle had, safe queen, NIB guns. He got a pretty penny for them. Again I dont collect guns, if its not going to be fired then dont really have any need for it. You bought that fancy one, 1 rd thru it and half its value is gone.

tazman
01-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Oh, I haven't purchased it and have no intention of doing so. I don't care for safe queens I can't shoot either.
It is a nice looking gun though.
The only reason I purchase stainless steel is that my perspiration is highly corrosive due to the job I held. A plain blued gun will rust within 90 minutes if I get a drop of sweat on it. After 2 days my fingerprints are there permanently if not wiped down almost immediately after I handle one.

I just thought some one might be interested in it.
Apparently I was mistaken.