PDA

View Full Version : Finally....

Tom W.
01-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Saved up enough to get my 9mm dies and shellholder. As soon as they get here I'll be busy trying to wear them out!

Hickok
01-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Shooting a 9mm you able to give them a work out! Easy to have a big pile of empty brass in a hurry!:guntootsmiley:

Vinne
01-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Love reloading and shooting my 9 but dislike chasing the brass. The price for fun I guess!! Shoot some for me.

engineer401
01-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Love reloading and shooting my 9 but dislike chasing the brass. The price for fun I guess!! Shoot some for me.

I've thought of buying one of these to catch brass. I would've bought one by now except for the price. http://sherwoodakuna.com/

goblism
01-10-2015, 12:09 AM
I've thought of buying one of these to catch brass. I would've bought one by now except for the price. http://sherwoodakuna.com/
Yeah at that price a guy can just about let the brass sit!

Enjoy loading, the 9mm can be a little tricky with cast boolits but you will get it figured out.

VHoward
01-10-2015, 12:11 AM
I bought one of those. It was the earlier model and I think it was worth it. Don't have to chase brass. Just have to empty it after every magazine put through it.

Minerat
01-10-2015, 12:19 AM
Saw a guy using a blue tarp on the ground to catch the ejected brass one he got it set for the particular gun. Seemed to catch around 90% as I recall. You can get them at HF pretty cheap in some cases a 10x10 for little or nothing. I bought a shell catcher like that years ago that strapped to your shooting hand. It caught around 4 out of every 5 from my 659 but was too distracting for me.

LUBEDUDE
01-10-2015, 10:35 AM
I tried those brass catchers back in the 80's. They really take the enjoyment out of shooting. Kind of like using a sock for a condom. But hey, you get your brass back easy!

flyingmonkey35
01-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Lots of great ones out there for cheap.

I prefer a the big net stlye. If I'm out doors.

Inside range I just pick it up.

I use a small private range. I've been to a few where that would be handy.

MrWolf
01-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Here is an older post where a few showed some inexpensive home versions. Mine is down the page a bit. Nice part is when I do bring it to the range, folks tend to look and ask questions. Most will dump their brass in it for me instead of range bucket!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?235735-My-attempts-at-a-Brass-Catcher

mdi
01-10-2015, 01:55 PM
IMO; chasing brass is just part of shooting. ;) I'll pick up any centerfire case I see on the ground and keep mine separate from random range pickups (I like to inspect the brass after it's shot as part of evaluating a load, and where it is thrown can be informative too). I like to set the gun down to cool while I pick up brass (I made a "tool" of a 5/8" dowel 36" long with a brazing rod about 8" long stuck in one end with a hook in it). I just stroll around the shooting area. (I shoot at an unofficial outdoor range) hooking brass and picking it up. I know I've picked up at least 1,000 .223/5.56 and prolly as much 9mm and I have a 3 gal bucket with misc. brass of stuff I don't reload/shoot. Jes part of the fun, and I've found some very interesting stuff...

Tom W.
01-10-2015, 03:48 PM
That's one good thing about young sons and grandchildren.... they enjoy chasing brass...

Tom W.
01-14-2015, 03:59 PM
While reading the paperwork on my new RCBS dies, I noticed that the dies made after a certain date come standard with an "M" die. What a pleasant surprise. Evidently the patent has expired from Lyman...