PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer P 250 problem

tmc-okc
01-09-2015, 08:55 PM
I don't know if this is the right place for this question or not so if I am out of place please steer me in the right direction. I really respect the information I find here.
Recently I purchased a Sig Sauer P250 Compact in 40 S&W. Other than a Ruger Mk III Hunter in 22 RF this is my first simi-auto pistol. I have a multitude of wheel guns from 22 RF to my 6 inch Nickel S&W Mod 29 and I don't have a problem with recoil even with full house loads in the 44 Mag.

On my first trip to the range with the Sig P 250 I experienced a VERY sore trigger finger. The side of my finger is rubbing on the inside bottom of the trigger guard to the point that after 10 rounds - it really hurts. I have tried placing the pad of my finger higher on the trigger, placing the trigger in the first joint of my finger. Tried changing my grip on the frame. Tried placing the middle finger of my left hand ( I am right handed) along side of the trigger guard, etc. Nothing seemed to relieve the pain each time I pressed the trigger.

On my second trip to the range I experienced the same situation. I had a pair of dress weight deerskin leather gloves with me so I tried using the right hand glove. Same problem. I have debated using a piece of mole skin on the side of my finger but that just doesn't sit well with me as I got this pistol for my CC pistol & I won't be placing mole skin on my finger every day !!!

The Sig P250 is a DAO pistol & I am learning to live with it. It certainly is not like the DA on my wheel guns.

What in blue blazes am I doing wrong. I don't have a problemwith the recoil of this pistol and I do enjoy what little I have been able to shoot it but I have to find a solution to this trigger finger problem or my son is going to wind up with this pistol. He really loves it.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Ron

dk17hmr
01-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Seems odd.....I had a p250 with 3 different kits including 40, 357 sig, and 45acp, sub compact, compact, and full size and never ran into that issue. I shot upwards of 1500 rounds total through all the kits and never had troubles with my trigger finger.

The DOA pull on it takes some getting use to but if a guy practices with it he can really fly getting rounds out fast and accurate.

BigAl52
01-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if it were mine my son would wind up with it. Don't know that your doing anything wrong it sounds to me like it just doesn't fit you for some reason. I would go to a range were they rent some guns and rent a few to try so that doesn't happen again. If it were mine I wouldn't even want to shoot or carry it for the reason you have described. Al

Shooter6br
01-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Traded mine for a Kimber Target II( with additional money) DOA is fine for a SD gun not a target gun. If fact i have a Smith 638 with a shoud but can use it SA 126850

9mmsubgun-m11
01-16-2015, 12:03 AM
If it is tearing up your finger it needs to go. The more it hurts the less you will practice with it. Not a good thing for an SD weapon.

Tackleberry41
01-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Some guns just dont agree with certain people. Had a SCCY 9mm briefly. It would tear up the back of the knuckle on my thumb, maybe 2 mags and you were done with it.

FergusonTO35
01-16-2015, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't give up just yet. Poly lowers really lend themselves to easy modification and on the P250 if you mess up, the serialized receiver is separate so the damage is limited.

I used to have a Kahr CW9 that did the same thing. What I did was to carefully heat up the bottom of the trigger guard with a propane torch just to the point the plastic starts to get soft. With a small prybar on the bottom of the trigger for leverage I carefully bent the bottom of the trigger guard downward, then once it cooled smoothed it up with fine sand paper. On both my Glocks I have sanded the useless finger bumps down to gently rolling hills and lightly textured them with a fine soldering iron tip. Works great and the guns are way more comfortable to shoot now.