PDA

View Full Version : Broken Record

theleo
01-06-2015, 03:52 PM
For anyone who looks around on this forum much, I'm going to sound like a broken record.

NOE has amazing customer service!! I ordered a 311008 GC 4 cavity from them last Wednesday (12/31/14) to replace a lyman 311316 that I just wasn't a fan of. I got a call from AL in the morning on the 2nd, he told me there had been a mess up somewhere along the line and they were out of this mold in a 4 cavity. First thing that went through my head was, dang! I got it as one of the weekly specials he does for %15 off. Before I said anything he said he had a five cavity mold in stock and asked if that would work instead. I told him that would work fine and asked how much I owed him for getting a 5 cavity? He said it was their fault and I didn't owe them a thing for getting a 5 cavity instead! So yesterday I got a silver peace of art 5 cavity 311008 GC aluminum mold for the price of a 4 cavity at %15 off. Thanks Al, you run a great shop and will be the first place I go to do business with for a long time to come!

swheeler
01-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Agreed, great place to do business with.^^^^^^^^^^

tazman
01-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Just another one of the reasons I say that an NOE mold is never a mistake.

Screwbolts
01-06-2015, 04:55 PM
I have 8 NOE boxs in a pile on the side of my bench, I am spoiled. I have 4 Mihec molds 1 HM2 and 1 ACE. they are all great.

I stopped casting earlier today with an old wonderful Saeco 130, 4 cavity mold, that I had borrowed. Wonderful doesn't cut it, it is a 4 cav. that does cast good boolitz but after running over 15k of boolitz threw several individual NOE and Mihec molds. I have removed the Saeco 130 from my handles. I am spoiled, it is to small, to heavy, the sprue plates holes are to small for my personal use. I will gladly oil it up and I treasure the experience of running some alloy threw it. IMHO, It doesn't hold a candle to the molds that are available here in the group buy section or from our venders.

Ken

altheating
01-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Ahh yes, NOE, Mihec, BRP and LBT after using them I really don't like using the Lyman, RCBS or, what's that other mould company, I remember, Lee. Yes I will use the Lyman and RCBS molds again, never again will I buy a Lee. I have one left that will be offered up for sale soon.
Screwbolts, you must have cast way more then 15k of boolits with them molds!