PDA

View Full Version : Win 94 lower tang worn out. Help!

TheGameMaster
01-06-2015, 02:49 AM
Hi, I would like to pick your brains on this. The lower tang on my "new" 1940 model 94 doesn't hold the locking bolt in anymore. It's worn so much the little catches are rounded off, so the level drops down and the locking bolt pops out. So, since I can't order a new one, can I use a newer post-64 in her (all the pre-64 ones I've seen on ebay or elseware look just as worn out as mine). And if it's possible, what would I need to do to make it work. I want my christmas present from my father in-law to work!

Rodney

pietro
01-06-2015, 06:23 AM

I would be looking hard at the pivot hole in the lower link, lever, and their pins - and also at the lever/bolt connecting pin - for wear/straightness, before I'd even suspect the lower tang.

Omnivore
01-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Hmm. I own a '94, I've had it completely apart, down to the bare-bones receiver a few times over the 20 years that I've owned it, and I cannot decipher the description of the problem. What is a "locking bolt" in the lower tang that can "drop down" when the "level" drops down? It may be that I'm dumb, but I am clueless as to what you might mean. Photos, maybe?