PDA

View Full Version : Rainey day gunshow

Hogtamer
01-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Near Augusta, GA yesterday. Thought I might pick up some reloading goodies, always looking for something shotgun related. Well, an acre of plastic guns of all sorts.....yuk. Lots of overpriced ammo.....ho humm....aha! A lonely lb. of Longshot, got that, yeah! Nobody there ever even heard of lead shot I don't believe. Finally, a couple of beater 870s with rifled barrels and each another choked barrel. They wanted 2 prices for each, honestly if I could have bought both for the price they wanted for one it would have been an ok deal. Finally something got me excited though - bought a good steel peeler and a sister julienne peeler, both for $22. Believe it or not it's hard to find good quality kitchen tools these days at anything like a reasonable price. But at a gun show? Fact is stranger than fiction. Made a donation to Shriner's hospital on the way out. Had better luck today though when UPS delivered 4 lbs of Steel powder to my door. That will get me through the new year with slug, 2-ball and sabot loads....maybe. Oh, those big punkin ball loads that Leadhead posted are calling my name too. Might shoulda ordered couple more pounds! Ya'll enjoy the global warming this week.

labradigger1
01-05-2015, 06:07 PM
I'm with ya on the plastic guns, no appeal at all to me. Call me old school but guns should be steel, wood, heavy and reek of hoppes.
Lab

Mauser48
01-05-2015, 08:14 PM
I only go to the gun shows for reloading supplies and military surplus guns. Really any old military stuff or old shotguns and stuff. Last show there was a European sxs 410 that looked very nice. Wish I had the cash!