PDA

View Full Version : Swaging Videos

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
01-03-2015, 08:24 PM
It has been kinda slow here in the swaging forum lately so I figured I would post a few videos of bullet swaging. These videos show some of the basics of swaging using reloading presses.

If you have any swaging videos, please post links to them so other members can view them. It is also good for those maybe on the fence about whether to take the plunge or not into swaging. My videos are kind of biased as I only own BT Snipers dies. I would really like this thread to be full of swaging videos, utilizing different types of presses and dies.

Thanks in advance!

Here are a few from me.

BT Sniper 22 cal dies on the Lee Classic Cast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmo8EdOZuLQ&list=UU_XUYIEZUmLZl0dqps7ZRGw

BT Sniper 45 cal dies on the RCBS Rockchucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uIzBpfM-Ak&index=1&list=UU_XUYIEZUmLZl0dqps7ZRGw

More to come!

rolltide
01-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Great Videos. Thanks. Where did you get the red trays on your Lee Classic Cast?

Roll Tide

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
01-03-2015, 11:23 PM
The red trays were made by a fellow on here by the name of Rick. His screen name is ricklaut. He hasn't been on in a couple months, so I don't know if he is still making them with his 3D printer or not. Maybe shoot him a PM?

anotherred
01-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Awesome videos!

BT Sniper
01-04-2015, 01:19 AM
Great work! I'll get you an eject pin for the BTX notch die so you don't have to bang the table and loose the camera view :)

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
01-04-2015, 01:29 AM
Brian hold off on the punch. I find if I put a little more lube on the jacket before notching it works fine. I will keep you posted if it ever becomes an issue.

Btw, I erased that older video and did another one with the 45 dies. The new one is posted above. The notched jackets come out fine when they got a bit more lube on them.

dlbarr
01-04-2015, 03:05 AM
Great videos.

BT Sniper
01-04-2015, 03:21 AM
Cool! Let me know, it's not much trouble at all!

Just finished watching the full videos.... Nicely done! Couldn't have done better myself. Great looking swage bench you got there, nice and clean!

You should be all set to compete in the current postal shooting that started the first!

Good shooting and swage on!

Brian

p.s. you know what is really impressive is posting picks of the bullets you make next to factory bullets to show just how good they are turning out.

tiger762
01-04-2015, 03:53 PM
These videos show some of the basics of swaging using reloading presses.

Thank you for posting this. I will eventually get around to doing some.

Remiel
01-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Now I understand why the stuff cost so much, just watching the videos swaging makes so much more sense now, may have to save up for a set for the wife's AR-15 and possably that SKS I have been drooling on.

just bill
01-05-2015, 07:48 PM
It has been kinda slow here in the swaging forum lately so I figured I would post a few videos of bullet swaging. These videos show some of the basics of swaging using reloading presses.

If you have any swaging videos, please post links to them so other members can view them. It is also good for those maybe on the fence about whether to take the plunge or not into swaging. My videos are kind of biased as I only own BT Snipers dies. I would really like this thread to be full of swaging videos, utilizing different types of presses and dies.

Thanks in advance!

Here are a few from me.

BT Sniper 22 cal dies on the Lee Classic Cast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmo8EdOZuLQ&list=UU_XUYIEZUmLZl0dqps7ZRGw

BT Sniper 45 cal dies on the RCBS Rockchucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uIzBpfM-Ak&index=1&list=UU_XUYIEZUmLZl0dqps7ZRGw

More to come!

Watched them both, look good. I noticed you didn't modify your Lee, I modified mine and it works fine for both swaging and reloading with a little linkage changing, nothing major. However my linkage is so sloppy and loose I need find some way to shim it up. It just wobbles up and down and side to side way to much.
Bill