PDA

View Full Version : Taking care of our own by righting a wrong.

Recluse
01-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Early spring of last year, several of our members trusted the name and reputation of a longtime member and entered into some business transactions.

They got shafted. One member was only taken for just $20 and after raising some stink non-stop and continuously, was paid his money.

The other two members have not been nearly as fortunate and are out a more substantial amount. One member is out $340 and the other is out $250. The circumstances under which this has occurred are infuriating and becoming more so as more information and individual experiences are being shared.

The background can be found here: Playing on the family name to hose the membership. (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?261733-DEADBEAT-quot-Bullshop-Junior-quot)

This thread is NOT about bashing or beating up on this deadbeat but instead about asking those members who might feel moved to do so to contribute monetarily so as to right the wrong, so to speak.

At present, between pledges and paypals, we've got a little over $250 on the $600 debt. When we've reached the amount owed, I will cease accepting donations and make a public announcement to that effect. When all the funds are received, I'll make arrangements with the two affected members to forward the funds to them in whatever form or manner they prefer.

We have had deadbeats before. They are nothing new. What is different with this one is that a previously "good family name" from longtime membership here was used to generate confidence, good will and generosity to someone who obviously has not either earned it nor deserves it. The result is that two of our valued members are out a substantial amount of money.

To any member here that may feel moved to help in this effort, please feel free to PM me for my physical mailing address or paypal address.

Thanks.

:coffee:

Recluse
01-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Between pledges from members I know are good for them and Paypal receipts, we're now over the halfway mark towards the $600 amount that the two members are out.

I've sent PMs to both affected members asking them how they want the funds delivered to them.

We take care of our own around here--and once again, we're proving it.

:coffee:

jmort
01-03-2015, 08:57 PM
It will be nice to put this to bed and move on.

WILCO
01-03-2015, 11:53 PM
This too shall pass.

Idaho Sharpshooter
01-04-2015, 01:27 AM
I'd bet a yankee dollar or two his parents are beyond mortified by this situation...

leeggen
01-04-2015, 02:20 AM
The parents have nothing to feel mortified about. We all know right and wrong, good from bad and as our own person make the choice of the path we take. I feel parents teach this and some students just make the wrong decision. To the year of 2015 shall we all make just and rightful decisions.
CD

Catshooter
01-04-2015, 05:00 AM
How completely disgusting.

How very decent of you Recluse to step to the plate to help those shafted.

I've sent you a PM.

Cat

jcwit
01-04-2015, 09:11 AM
I to am wishing to donate in my own small way to the fund, however Recluse does not respond to my PM's asking for PayPal info.

RED333
01-04-2015, 10:46 AM
I to am wishing to donate in my own small way to the fund, however Recluse does not respond to my PM's asking for PayPal info.
My bet he is covered up, give it sometime.

trails4u
01-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Paypal sent Recluse.... Thank you for 'volunteering' :) to take the lead on this. I've done quite a bit of buying/trading/selling here, and I've NEVER had a bad experience! I hate that some have...maybe this will take some of the sting out of it.

God bless! C.

Down South
01-04-2015, 07:06 PM
WOW, I miss a lot these days. I just read this and I'm disappointed in the man involved.

hoosierlogger
01-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Never seen that coming. I hope everyone gets what they deserve.

doc1876
01-04-2015, 08:52 PM
I am out of town as usual. if there is still room for donations when I get back Wednesday I will PayPal or whatever please PM me.

bdicki
01-04-2015, 09:02 PM
PM sent for PayPal info.

pjames32
01-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Some cash will be in the mail tomorrow. Thx Recluse for doing this. If the debts are covered donate mine to the forum.
PJ

MaryB
01-05-2015, 12:38 AM
If we go over I am sure the server fund can use the excess. I have 2 gun cleaning mats for auction in the other discussion on this to help out.