PDA

View Full Version : 8mm Lebel

klw
02-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Seems to me that I remember something about not posting loading data here. Not positive about that but...

I'm interested in developing a cast bullet load for my 8mm Lebel rifle using Unique. Anybody done that? If so, could you e-mail me the details.

KCSO
02-20-2008, 05:33 PM
I used both Unique and Red Dot for my Lebel for target and plinking loads and I used either Reloader 7 or 4895 for hunting loads with a 206 gr. Bullet. The bullet was cast from a Lee mould for the 95 straight pull and sized to 324. The oversized nose fit perfect in the Lebel chamber. I started with 11 grains of Unique and 12.5 of Red Dot, but I would have to look in my note book to see where I hit the sweet spot. I do remember that large PISTOL primers were themot accurate with a no filler load. With the Lebel sporter I had i could shade 2" at 100 yards with the gold bead hunting sight and the peep on the front receiver ring. I also had a military rifle and I couldn't shoot those frog sights for sour owl stuff. I got rid of a Lebel and a Berthier just because I didn't want to butcher the gun to get rid of the sights.