PDA

View Full Version : A nine in same frame as Glock-42?

gunoil
01-03-2015, 10:53 AM
I heard the glock-42 frame will be also in 9mm soon. Dont know if its true but would be nice. l shoot hardline cast in my 42. 115gr w/hitech-supercoat.

Anybody heard this too?

wlc
01-03-2015, 04:58 PM
I'm almost holding my breath waiting on SHOT show to see if Glock "unveils" a new single stack 9mm based on the same frame as the 42. I really like the size of the 42, but I just can't make myself like the little 380 round. That and I don't want to have to start on another caliber for reloading and casting.

gunoil
01-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Yea, just wait. 9's will sell better than 42/380. 7 shots of +P 380 aint to bad.

revolvergeek
01-03-2015, 08:56 PM
A Kahr CW9 with the grip chopped to PM9 length is very very close in size.

Lefty Red
01-08-2015, 04:17 PM
I am not holding my breathe. Glock doesn't listen to shooters, they are more like this is what you should be shooing kind of company. Glock thinks the G26 is the end all for 9 CCW and BUG. No way they will build the G42 in a 9mm.

Even if Glock took the G26 and made is a single stack and lengthen it to a Shield like package, and I wish they would! I was surprised they actually made the G42.

Jerry

Tackleberry41
01-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Glock is Austrian/German, companies there do tend to take a long time to come around to what people want vs what they want to sell you. I worked on Mercedes for a long time, they were perplexed by peoples interest in a cup holder for their car. It was funny to see an $80,000 car w one of those flimsy cup holders you slid down next to the window glass. We had this contraption you screwed to the door panel, basically the most inconvenient place to put it, Germans said there thats good enough.

One would think w as good as sales are for the S&W shield and LC9 glock would say hmm might be something to look into, but unlikely. They came out with the 42 in 380 thats what they decided everybody wants. I have a 380, way smaller S&W bodyguard. I handled a 42, it was the same size as my 9mm shield, Ill pass.

And there is also the fact glock would be stealing from itself. They want to continue to sell the 42, they put out a 9mm version, that will pretty much end sales of the 380 version. Why buy a 380 when you can get a 9 in the same package.

wlc
01-08-2015, 11:23 PM
I can guarantee one sure fire way to make sure that Glock comes out with the 9mm version. All I have to do is go out and buy the 380 version and in two weeks the new 9mm sub-compact single stack will be on dealer shelves....

Lefty Red
01-09-2015, 02:45 PM
LOL, so true WLC! I feel you.

I have to give it to Glock, before the 42, the only other Slimline frame was the 36. Both the 25 and 28 (26/27 and 19/23 size frames) was produced in 380ACP, but was built on existing frames. They actually built the 42 from the ground up for the USA market. But if they just did some marketing questions to actual shooters.....makes me wonder how long Glock sat on the idea. I know they had to wait to built this pistol on US factories, but they have been producing GA made Glocks for awhile now.

Just seems like a late to the party weapon. Like the SR9.

Jerry

Lefty Red
01-09-2015, 02:50 PM
And why did Glock NOT make it a staggered magazine? I miss the old Taurus model 83 (I think). Double stacked 380ACP that had a tip up barrel. It kept me Mom safe for years. DA trigger and you didn't have to rack the slide.

But if you are going to make a 380ACP at this size, you could of had a few extra rounds to it.
Or even made it a double stacked 32ACP! That would be interesting. James Bond-ish!

Jerry