PDA

View Full Version : palmetto state armory; less than stellar

nagantguy
01-01-2015, 12:00 AM
I ordered some stuff from palmetto state armory 3 weeks before Christmas, some for gifts some for me; it arrived today. No one ever answered the phone when I called multiple times, the web site only stated that my order was processed it still states that, I would not be as upset if I hadn't paid extra for expedient shipping. I'd never dealt directly with them.before but used a few things with their name on it; all pretty good stuff. This service will prevent me from doing so again. One more rant; the order was not complete, and a slip enclosed said I'd be charged additional shipping when the rest was in stock.

1911cherry
01-01-2015, 12:06 AM
That's a good reason to spend your money elsewhere, 3 weeks is plenty of time- that's kinda ridiculous. I too have been burned after paying for expedited delivery...

BrassMagnet
01-01-2015, 12:38 AM
I bought from Palmetto State Armory and I was quite satisfied with what I purchased and how quickly it was shipped. However, it was an advertised special.
I dealt with a software company, now defunct thankfully, that advertised everything in the world. I mailed them a postal money order (I was in the Indian Ocean it the time) and every week or two I received a priority mail package with one or maybe two games in it rather than the thirty or so games I had ordered and paid for. We finished our cruise and I arrived somewhere I could call from and I inquired about the rest. I was quite pleased with their service until I found out they had advertised games not yet released, games no longer available, and charged me a fortune for special service on every package they had sent. Not only had they charged more for some games than their advertised price, but I had received less than a third of the items I had paid for and they had used almost all the rest of my money to pay for expedited shipping on the few items they had actually acquired and shipped.
May all companies that act that way promptly join Chips'n'Bits in bankruptcy promptly!

Dhammer
01-01-2015, 02:29 AM
Since Palmetto blew up their Customer Service has become non exsitent. I got a bad vortex red dot a few years back. Not a single email was returned and never could get a live person on the phone. Grateful it was a Vortex, since they went above and beyond when I contacted them. I have seen where people posting on Palmetto's FB wall with issues have gotten their attention but that's about only way it seems. Shame, because before they grew so large their customer service was decent be it phone or email.

Fishman
01-01-2015, 07:04 PM
I ordered 12-17, two items, and the order still shows as "processing". Must have been a bunch of Christmas present ordered.

nagantguy
01-01-2015, 08:38 PM
I'll cry less about midways shipping from now one at least the get you your stuff and are friendly and easy to get ahold of.

Fishman
01-16-2015, 07:33 PM
Well, my order arrived but was missing the most important part, an upgraded ar15 trigger. It was part oof a lower parts kit that did arrive but had a generic trigger in it. No answer to my two emails of a couple weeks ago. I finally am on hold right now but am losing hope that anyone will answer. This was from an order on 12/17. What would ya'll do?

Bonz
01-16-2015, 07:37 PM
I ordered on 12/24 and received my items last week. I phoned their customer support a few days before that and the agent I talked to said they were absolutely slammed with orders. They did have some fantastic sales running thru December and that was probably part of the problem.

Bored1
01-16-2015, 08:00 PM
I've ordered from palmetto a few times. SHIPPING TIMES FLAT OUT SUCK! But a lot of the times they have items for quite a bit less than others so I just deal with it. It will show up, even if it is delivered by some new futuristic version of the pony express. The sales can't be beat sometimes, I just got 3 kimber 1911 officers mags about a month ago for 12.95 shipped a piece, so for less than half of what the other guys charge it's worth the wait.

I will admit the first time I ordered I was pretty upset about the shipping time, however I think that's just there MO at this point. Actually had to call 3 times the other day to get a replacement part mailed out because they sent me the wrong bolt catch for a LR 308 build, but they shipped a new one no questions asked and no extra fees so I am satisfied at this point with them.

nagantguy
01-16-2015, 08:18 PM
True they do have prices hard to beat on some stuff, it didn't vet here in time for Christmas so I had three people I had to tell your gift will be here sometime..... Not the end of life as we know it but at least answer your phone, if they are that slammed hire some folks to answer the phone.

Bored1
01-16-2015, 08:32 PM
I am not disagreeing with you at all about the phone! Took 3 calls and over half an hour on the phone for my part, but I did it over my lunch break and saved a bit of cash doing so. Especially not knowing if another companies bolt catch will fit there 308 lower.

Fishman
01-16-2015, 09:20 PM
I don't think it's coming seperately. The kit I ordered was supposed to have a geisselle trigger in it. The box is labeled as such but it has a generic trigger instead. I'm thinking a part time box packer for the holidays lifted my expensive trigger and replaced it with a stock one.

Bored1
01-16-2015, 09:26 PM
I don't think it's coming seperately. The kit I ordered was supposed to have a geisselle trigger in it. The box is labeled as such but it has a generic trigger instead. I'm thinking a part time box packer for the holidays lifted my expensive trigger and replaced it with a stock one.

Honestly it wouldn't suprise me if it was packed that way on purpose, with the intention of them sending the geiselle trigger later. However, for that kind of investment I would definately call, and continue to call until I reached someone. I wouldn't even attempt to email them however, they are becoming even worse with emails than they already are with the phones. If you a member over at ar15.com message them under the manufacturer's forum, seems sometimes that's the best way to get ahold of em honestly.

Fishman
01-16-2015, 10:41 PM
Honestly it wouldn't suprise me if it was packed that way on purpose, with the intention of them sending the geiselle trigger later. However, for that kind of investment I would definately call, and continue to call until I reached someone. I wouldn't even attempt to email them however, they are becoming even worse with emails than they already are with the phones. If you a member over at ar15.com message them under the manufacturer's forum, seems sometimes that's the best way to get ahold of em honestly.

Thanks bored1! I guess I'll have another go with the phone next week.

Fishman
02-18-2015, 12:07 AM
Ok I need to update this thread with the rest of my story. I finally did get through on the phone and the nice lady emailed me a return ups label and I shipped back the incorrect trigger. Upon receipt, I received an email indicating that due to a warehouse issue, the trigger was sold out and they were refunding me. The amount refunded exceeded
The cost of the entire parts kit and trigger so I was satisfied and even a little pleased with the outcome. Flushed with success, I ordered a complete upper and bolt carrier group for a very low price early last week. I received that order on Monday and was very pleased. The upper and bolt carrier group look real nice too.

So Palmetto has redeemed themselves in my opinion and I will be doing more business with them in the future.

nagantguy
02-18-2015, 12:24 AM
I haven't ordered from them again but know someone who did and they had no complaints. So I'll keep my eye on em and if they have something I can't live without at a price I can't beat I might.