PDA

View Full Version : relatives volunteer

gunoil
12-31-2014, 09:53 PM
Jamie, my first cousins daughter. She is a P.A. in Va..

She makes big money but she does below often.

Letter to mom for the holidays: On an island somewhere helping out.

so I am writing this on my phone tonight 12/30 and will try to walk over and send it in the morning...we are doing our third medical clinic tomorrow...it has been exhausting...one of the medical students was sick in the beginning of trip and Steph got it sat night for about 24 hours...well I got sick in the middle of clinic today...fever nausea vomiting migraine...it was awful...there r so many people that need help and I had to leave early...tears streaming down my face...it is hard to not get overwhelmed...kids have worms coming out of their nose and are throwing up worms, it is unbelievable...a 3 year old broke his arm and Angela was able to splint it yesterday, it was amazing...we r doing a clinic in a village called betania tomorrow and then going to the dump to hand out food...I felt like the enemy was trying to attack me with sickness...I started thinking maybe I am not cut out for this with my migraines, car and sea sickness and back problems...but this is where my heart is...helping people that need it the most so I am choosing not to buy into that **** and just trust God that He is way bigger than all of this and that He is in control...

so tonight Escarleth and 3 other girls from the orphanage came over to see me all worried about me cuz I had gotten sick...it was like God confirming my heart for missions and the people here

so praying Betania and the dump will go smoothly...this is such an eye opener and it is cool to see God move when like minded people get together and serve without all the distractions we have in the states...

Well I am gonna try to rest...My head is still pounding I was so disappointed in today but all I can do is choose to trust God and know that everything is in His hands

I love you, happy new year!
Sent from my iPhone

sac_fff
12-31-2014, 10:43 PM
Thank you for sharing that. It makes our problems seem so trivial in comparison. God bless her!

Ron

BrassMagnet
12-31-2014, 10:56 PM
If you have traveled around the world and stayed away from tourist destinations, you will see how the rest of the world lives.
We have it so good, but just imagine how much better it would be if our government was not so corrupt, both parties!

pworley1
12-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks for sharing.

MaryB
01-01-2015, 01:00 AM
A certain portion of our population doesn't know how well off they are on welfare compared to some places. I am not wealthy by any means but in a lot of places I would be considered extremely rich with a house, a truck, plenty of food... I struggle some months due to medical bills but I know that I am pretty well off. I grew up poor and often saw frost on my bedroom walls in winter. People these days don't know how well off they really are.